Distributors that send out free trial samples?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sazza83

Reaction score
does anyone one know of what companies that send out free trail samples of their products for acrylics,i currently use cnd as i was taught with it i have now ran out of the monomer...I'm looking at other brands as at the moment cnd is too expensive for me to purchase but i need products to use to get the money to buy more cnd monomer as i love using that brand but i am wondering what the other brands are like to work with just incase you get a client who purfer another brand.
Any help is grateful
sazza

I can understand your plight, honestly I can but I also think this is a very short sighted view.

I dont know of any companies who will send out free samples as then they would be inundated with people wanting freebies.

You need to work within a system of products. You shouldnt really use the same brush from brand to brand unless you can hand on heart be 100% sure that there is no monomer left in your brush before trying the next one.

Most companies will offer a "Try me" kit - even CND do this.

You need to put a business head on and do what is best for your business and I dont think spending out money on sampling lots of other products to choose one based on price alone, makes good business sense.

Sorry I am a bit confused here...are you asking who you can get free acrylic monomer and powder samples from, that you can use to do some sets of nails and make money to buy CND monomer?
If so...isn't that a bit cheeky?
Or are you actually considering changing products?....if so you would be best to do some research on what brands are out their and would suit your needs.

This is the 3rd time you have asked this in 2 days , !

I personally would "find" the money for the smallest size cnd monomer! I'm often in the same boat as a newly qualified tech but I would always find a way to get hold Of the money for my ezflow products as opposed to buying a different brand. Surely you can find enough money to a 4oz then doing a few clients your have enough money to buy a bigger size after that!

Hth,
jodie x

Last edited:
thanx all for your help and mizzy dizzy your right i didn't relise i did that omg i feel like i'm a idiot i didn't realise i did that i am running on empty upstairs lately lol
thanx again no more on this from me :)
sazza

You need to work out your product cost per set and put this amount aside for further product purchases. I know this will not help you at the moment but it will in the future if you follow the advice. This way you will always have the money available to you.

I have been in your position so do understand but I agree with Izzy, you shouldn't expect other companies to send free samples so that you can do enough sets to buy your preferred monomer. I apologise if I have misunderstood you. :D

I find that if you go to the manufacturer websites, register as a professional and then email them a simple request with a few questions about the product--most are willing to either send you a small free sample or a low cost trial kit. I will not purchase a product that I have not tried. Right now I am "sampling" Hand & Nail Harmony's L&P system and it is looking pretty good! I have gotten not only L&P samples, but also traditional and SOG Gel samples from Hand & Nail Harmony, NSI, IBD, United Nails, OPI, LCN and a couple others. All it takes is takes is a little initiative.

I find that if you go to the manufacturer websites, register as a professional and then email them a simple request with a few questions about the product--most are willing to either send you a small free sample or a low cost trial kit. I will not purchase a product that I have not tried. Right now I am "sampling" Hand & Nail Harmony's L&P system and it is looking pretty good! I have gotten not only L&P samples, but also traditional and SOG Gel samples from Hand & Nail Harmony, NSI, IBD, United Nails, OPI, LCN and a couple others. All it takes is takes is a little initiative.

Although we do need to appreciate that things are very different in the US to the UK.

In the UK, you can be UNTRAINED and phone up a company and buy product so some companies here are a bit more reluctant to give out to anyone.

Afterall it is their reputation too which is on the line.

to all of you that think i only want to try samples to save the money for cnd monomer...I am just wanting to try other systems to see if i can get on with other systems just incase i ever have a client that perfers one to another and also i am wondering if cnd is best value for money for a newbie like me to offer to start with in a new business?i am not thinking of trying other systems till i can save money for perferd monomer i am not that cheeky i know people can be but not me
sazza

to all of you that think i only want to try samples to save the money for cnd monomer...I am just wanting to try other systems to see if i can get on with other systems just incase i ever have a client that perfers one to another and also i am wondering if cnd is best value for money for a newbie like me to offer to start with in a new business?i am not thinking of trying other systems till i can save money for perferd monomer i am not that cheeky i know people can be but not me
sazza

Fair enough, I was just checking as that is the way your original question came across. ;)

The time to have checked if CND was the most cost effective for you was before you chose them to train with. Now you have invested in their (award winning) training then they are the most effective for you, as these are the products you know abut and have been shown how to use to get the optimum results.

Getting samples from other companies could end up giving you problems and in turn knock your confidence at this early stage in your experience.

EzFlow do great products, BUT if you got samples from them and use the same mix ratio and techniques you have been trained in with CND you will have problems. EzFlow is totally different and takes a bit of adjustment, and indeed doing a conversion course to get it right. The same may go for other systems out there.

Once you have more experience and can work out for yourself what the problems are then of course trialling new product systems is not such a big deal.

Also don't worry about clients asking for different products, that very rarely happens and even if it does, YOU are the Nail Technician and you have chosen and been trained in one of the best systems on the market, therefore have confidence in that and advise your clients accordingly.

I totally agree with Shedunlop (as usual) in that you need to get a little bit more business savvy and put money aside from every set of nails you do towards your costs ie stock. It is all to easy at first to put it straight into your pocket but becomes difficult when you run out of stock and the money is spent!! Also if you are self employed you should really be putting money aside for the taxman too....but that is maybe something for another day and another thread lol!!!

Good Luck.

Latest posts

Back