Do any of you exhibit at Wedding Fayres?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tars

Reaction score
I am thinking of exhibiting myself and wondered if any of you do and if you get much business from it?
I think I will just be promoting the spray tanning but if Jess wants to, we could promote the salon. (nails)
Gonna call tomorrow and see if I'm able to have a stand and cost etc!
Is it expensive?

In answer:

never done one

yes they seem to be expensive; up to £150 for a table sometimes maybe more/less depending on the venue

I'm sure it'd be a good place to go to

I'd like to do one too one day x

I used to do wedding fairs with wedding cakes and they are expensive. It was fine if I got a cake or two out of it, as I used to charge about £300 for a 3 tier, and the cost for the fair was covered.

I would love to go with my nails, tanning etc, but am concerned about how much business I would get to cover my costs.

If you do go for it, then promote everything. I wouldnt just go with the tanning !

One thing is for sure....they are great days, and my hubby and I used to love exhibiting at them. We made alot of friends !!!

Good Luck

I had a table booked at a fair this year but couldnt go in the end due to illness. My advice would be to find out how many of each trade would be there, ( you dont want any more than 3 of each ideally) consider the location of the fayre and the people that would be there, ie would it be worth your while if you had to travel to them, would it all be "one off" custom. The tables are often expensive, but always try to negotiate! I was quoted £160 at the start and ended up getting it for £55+vat!!!!!
Good luck!:lol:

That does seem expensive!
I'll think long and hard before committing myself then!

cabinkel said:
I had a table booked at a fair this year but couldnt go in the end due to illness. My advice would be to find out how many of each trade would be there, ( you dont want any more than 3 of each ideally) consider the location of the fayre and the people that would be there, ie would it be worth your while if you had to travel to them, would it all be "one off" custom. The tables are often expensive, but always try to negotiate! I was quoted £160 at the start and ended up getting it for £55+vat!!!!!
Good luck!:lol:

You got a good deal then! I'd pay that kinda price but I don't think I'll be as lucky!

Latest posts

Back