Do I need a full level 3 to do body scrubs?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xxKeelyxx

Reaction score
I have a level 2 in Beauty Therapy and lots of diplomas etc for add ons like spray tans, lash extensions, nails, microdermabrasion.

My salon has a spent a lot on a brand and we are currently doing their facials and have purchased all of their body products to do body massage and they are saying I can’t do it.
I’m the only beauty therapist. I have just been put on a body massage and course and now have a diploma but they are saying this still isn’t enough to use body scrubs??
I use them on mani and pedi and I have body massage diploma now?

Is there a way round this as we will just have to drop the products if we can’t use them.
Obv do not want to do anything unless we are qualified and insured just seems so disheartening!

Last edited:
You only need the level 3 body massage unit so once you have completed this you are good to go!

Body scrubs are applied in the same way you apply oil / cream / talc for a body massage. To remove you just use a big sponge, flannel or ask the client to shower.

On your course, you should receive a copy of the exam boards syllabus which shows every item you will be taught.

Latest posts

Back