Do I pay her?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystaltash

Reaction score
Hi geeks. Just a quick question..... Me and my full time therapist are going on the Eve Taylor training at the beginning of April ( Monday & Tuesday). I am paying for the training and obviously as my girl works on a Tuesday I will be paying her normal working hours. My question is, do I have to pay her on the Monday, even though this is her regular day off?

Hmmmmm, do you not have anything in your contract about this? I would presume that as she is having to do this on her day off then she should either be paid or get a day off in lieu.

This does depend on your contract of employment but if there is nothing in it about training then yes you need to offer her the choice of being paid or having a day off in lieu as you are asking her to do something work related on her normal day off. If you think about it if you were going on one of her normal work days you would be paying her. As her employer you will also have to recompense her for any associated travel costs or anyother related expenses if any are incurred.

Latest posts

Back