Do people really pay that much for lashes?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LieLash

Reaction score
Hi
I've been a part time mobile beauty therapist for nearly a year now. I offer a full set of individual eyelash extension for £60 ( still cheaper than a lot of places in my area) but other than one lady iv never had any people willing to pay this. So I did a 50% off offer charging £30 but again did not have that much interest.
Having just resigned from my full time job and now going full time mobile I have done a Nov offer for only £20 lashes and its selling like hot cakes to the point I'm booked solid. I have worked hard on my lash extensions training using the best products so I'm not a fly by night offering these at a stupid price because they are crap quality.
However I'm starting to feel that I may be selling myself short. But then at even £30 people really weren't really interested.
From this £20 offer I have gained a number of customers that have re booked so hopefully they will become regulars - but I'm not sure where I go from here? Do I continue to offer cheap to new clients and work my butt off, or do I resort to the old price and not attract customers. Any advice would be welcome please!!! Xx

that interested.

It depends on areas. Where I am the average for cluster lashes is £7 to £15. If someone asked for £60 the people here would expect them to be made of 18 carat gold xoxo

As tomme said, depends on the area, but I believe £20 pounds is too cheap :( how long does it take you to do them? If say you book two hours per app its just 10 pounds per hour then MINUS the product costs, which, even if not high may bring your hourly rate less than minimum, and that's not even taking into consideration the overheads or extra time to travel if you are mobile ...

I take €75-55 per set. I'm not booked solid, but that's because I'm only working part time, however, if I did one set for 75 euro, it would take you to do three 20 pound sets, you would have x 3 more expenses as well... (I did take the currency rates into account) .

Don't sell yourself cheap ;)

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using Tapatalk 2

I'm not a beauty geek so maybe I'm a bit confused but the therapist at my salon only takes 30 minutes to do lashes do you guys mean actually one lash at a time rater than a cluster of lashes? Xoxo

I'm not a beauty geek so maybe I'm a bit confused but the therapist at my salon only takes 30 minutes to do lashes do you guys mean actually one lash at a time rater than a cluster of lashes? Xoxo

Yup, tomme, its semi permanent lashes - one lash onto each natural lash :) you did mention clusters there, but some people call them individual lashes too, and that makes things more confusing to everyone! :)

Yup, tomme, its semi permanent lashes - one lash onto each natural lash :) you did mention clusters there, but some people call them individual lashes too, and that makes things more confusing to everyone! :)

Aah thanks. Id expect to pay over £30 for that then if I chose to get them done xoxo

My lashes are individual eyelash extensions not cluster - so it takes me 1 hour to hour half to apply.
It seems that even for a price of £30 people still were not interested!!!!!

I have this too! Not even having interest for Xmas, and I know people have to save but everyone gets their nails done at Xmas time! I charge £45, but people only ever get them done when they are £20/£25! It's so frustrating xx

Hey Jodie, I pay £50 for mine (I'm in Lytham) and so do loads of people at the gym I own - if you want to pop some leaflets in it's Studio 61 on Woodlands Rd in Ansdell x

Hey Jodie, I pay £50 for mine (I'm in Lytham) and so do loads of people at the gym I own - if you want to pop some leaflets in it's Studio 61 on Woodlands Rd in Ansdell x

Omg that would be amazing! Thank you :) I need to get some card ones printed off somewhere, advertise myself more than Facebook!xx

I charge £60 for lashes.. I couldnt justify using lash perfect for less than £45 (occasional offer).. But i do believe it depends on the area.. However i do have people charge £30-£35 around me.. Its a tough one but i also think £20 is too low luvli.. I charge £20 for a 45min infill x

Do you get many bew customers for £60 full sets???

I use lashbash products so they are not the cheapest but they are the best iv found in my opinion.
I think I may revert to a £30 offer for December - just because I need the business and hopefully repeat custom in the future.
It's a real catch 22 " you gotta spend money to make money " especially when new to the business but I don't want to feel like I'm offering my expertise for peanuts!!!
Arghhh confused!

I charge £65 for a full set (I also use Lash Perfect) and I still get new clients at that price - and returning clients when they just have them done for an occasion and let them drop out rather than have infills. Word of mouth and my website have been my biggest selling point - and being on Lash Perfect's salon finder bit on their website!!

I charge £40 for a full set and £25 for a half set. Most of my clients go for a half set. I did put my lashes on offer through December. One reason to get some more people in and trying them out and two because I only did my course about 4 months ago and I feel I'm still in the 'learning' stage.
I have been told they are cheap prices compared to the big town away from me but I stay in a quieter small town Where people seem to be scared about lashes and don't quite understand what they are getting. They seem to think they will leave the salon looking like daisy the cow with huge huge lashes! so for me it's good to have it on offer and let people try it out and understand them. It is only a monthly offer so hopefully people will come back. But everyone's prices depend on what they use. X

I charge £70 and I have clients.

You're not going to target the customers you really want by charging really low prices.

Charging £20 for a full set will not make you a profit and you will loose your clients once you put your prices up considerably.

Its probably not what you want to hear but stick with a higher price of£50+ and it'll happen, just be patient, take lots of photos and spread the word!
X

I trained with lash fx in sp lashes, I did the training originally with a friend so we could do each other - I loved it and found it very easy and she didn't have the patience and has now given it up. Whilst I do friends and colleagues' lashes and dont charge anything, it's been ages since I had my lashes done. I booked in at the salon I trained with to have my lashes done before Christmas - £93 now ! i think it was around £60 last time i had them, yet they are still very busy especially with lashes (they are very good and have good reputation).

My lashes are individual eyelash extensions not cluster - so it takes me 1 hour to hour half to apply.
It seems that even for a price of £30 people still were not interested!!!!!

From a customers view (I'm hair) less than £30 on offer would scare me, I'm often wary if something is too cheap priced that I will be getting poor quality and a slap dash job, so charge accordingly and don't scare people away with being too cheap. You will get there and will get repeat clients who value you, your knowledge, skill and product.
Do you want to have to do 2 or 3 times more people compared to if you were charging what you felt you was worth? Xoxo

Thanks everyone for your advice.
Hopefully like you said word of mouth will spread and I will start to get clients in at my full price xx

I charge £50 for my lashes, but once in a while I do an offer for £40, although it doesn't bring new customers in, only my regulars.
The best offers to give are not ones that reduce your prices. It sometimes has a negative effect on new clientele.
Instead try offering your lashes at usual rice but offer something for free.
E.g a toe paint,hand paint or half price infills on next treatment.

You will find this more effective, and it will lower your outlay, without selling yourself short.

Latest posts

Back