Do we take quality for granted?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claireamy

Reaction score
It was really brought home to me yesterday how good a lot of our products are!

I went to a regular manicure client. She is an older lady and often has a nail strengthener applied after the mani and very occassionally a pearly polish ( I use OPI polishes). Anyway, she decided she liked the look af a polish she saw in the supermarket so bought it and asked if I could apply it for her instead of the strengthener.

Well this polish had never been used but was thick and gloopy and the application of it was a nightmare because the brush was such crap quality! I did my best and the end product was ok but not as good a look as if I'd used one of my own polishes. I think next time I'll have to insist on her picking one of mine!

I haven't bought a cheap polish in a long time, and now I know why!

It just got me thinking, there must be so many people out there working for our industry, developing better, easier, more professional products every day that we don't even think about. I know (esp after yest) that I take the quality of my products for granted.

Not really sure where I was headed with this thread but I'll give it over to you guys now to comment!:eek:

I know what you mean about the cheaper polishes, I also have a regular who likes a pearly varnish applied but they are her varnishes, she keeps finding old bottles at home and asking me to use them.
I have advised her that the cheaper and older varnishes don't go on as nice but she insists i use them, i think they look awful but she likes them.
I did persuade her one day to use one of mine which was a similsr colour to what she has but she didn't like it.

Latest posts

Back