Do you cap free edge after every layer?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulamaula

Reaction score
Hi guys, i did a layer of base coat, brisa smoothing gel, 2shellac coats and top coat. Is there a need to cap free edge for every layer? Just taking alot of time.

TIA Paula xx

Hi guys, i did a layer of base coat, brisa smoothing gel, 2shellac coats and top coat. Is there a need to cap free edge for every layer? Just taking alot of time.

TIA Paula xx
Yes, I do. It literally takes a second per nail.

Yes you must cap every layer x

Yes cap each layer to avoid lifting, if you think how much we abuse our hands and nails especially if we have length on them it will help to prolong the life as not each client follows after care. Also when using colour it looks far more professional if the edges are coated aswell

I cap every layer [emoji4] x

I cap my own nails but it never seems to last on my free edge? Is that normal?

I cap my own nails but it never seems to last on my free edge? Is that normal?
Does it last on your customers free edge? X

Never asked to be honest.

Never asked to be honest.
Well if they come back and it's all still on I'd say it's lasted :)
If the seal is eroded with bleach, cleaning products or acetone there's a tendency for it to start to peel/layer off or chip from the free edge x

Well if they come back and it's all still on I'd say it's lasted :)
If the seal is eroded with bleach, cleaning products or acetone there's a tendency for it to start to peel/layer off or chip from the free edge x
Yes thinking about it I use milton cleaning wipes daily. They have all sorts in them. Just topped up free edge with a very very fine line of clear polish top top. Fingers crossed as I love the stamping that I have on :)

Latest posts

Back