Do you do colour corrections when mobile?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Missy106

Reaction score
Just wondering how people go about this being mobile. Ive been mobile since november and been extremely busy. I have lots of people asking about colour corrections (black to blonde, red to blonde) but i tend to turn them away. I just dont think its worth the hassle with the time and effort it takes. Do any fellow mobile hairstylists do this xx

I have done a few ... Just it's very time consuming x

When ur mobile u don't have the resources u have in a salon u will spend so much buying everything g then u won't know what colours u will need etc so have to buy loads a have tried it it's not very profitable unfortunately xx

I do some, but you're right it's probably not worth it half of the time xx

Ye i tell people it will be like £120 if i was to do it at home because of the product and time. It would take up 2 colour and cut appointments (£50each) so i need to make money. This does put them off (thank god lol) if it ever came to a point i wasnt busy then i wouldnt turn down the business, but at the moment im fine lol xx

Once I tell them the cost it puts them off! Lol x

I'm now mobile and I don't find it any harder to be honest apart from it's easier toning etc at the backwash but I always have most colours with me and any colours I don't have I always have concoctions to make that colour if you know what I mean lol it's not a waste if your charging enough ;) xx

If im confident i can achieve the desired result or start to get on the way to the end result and keep the integrity of the hair then i will do colour corrections. Just be realistic about timing and charge accordingly. I dont have any great reason not to do them i guess.
The longer your mobile the more colours/toners/stock you will have so that shouldnt be a problem. You would possibly just have to buy colour strippers as needeed. You can always return unopened products if funds are tight. Id always rather have everything i may need and be well prepared.:)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

No its not about having the stock etc its more about im too busy to do them and the pain in the ass that they are lol. Ill do friends hair but like i said because of the time it takes i could of done 2 clients colours and cut which would be roughly £100 so id have to charge that minimum and is it really worth the effort? Lol xx

Its so tru. Luckily i am in a home salon so am always doing coloir corrections. But being mobole i suppose u cud be there 5 or 6 hrs!
If ur in a area like me u have to undercharge as people round here dont care or wont listen to the differences between home colours and pro colours so u always have to undercharge urself. I done a red to blond and complete restyle cut. It took 5 hrs (i did do 2 cut n blows and 3 gents cuts inbetween all this) and could only charge £80 as she had been quoted £90 by a salon up the road! Im lucky if i got minimum wage for that after product use. Its getting that balance especially when all the salons around here are doing stupid offers like full head foils cut n blow £30! So annoying!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I usually try to make a decision based on how much work is involved etc.

If it isn't worth my while or I feel it's beyond my capabilities I am honest about it and recommend the client go to a reputable salon.

If it's a family member, friend or regular client then providing I feel able to carry out the work to a high standard, I say yes.

I Would never turn away colour correction! Colour correction is were the money is! If im going to be at a clients house for 4 hrs then they pay for my time there having a big change why would they not pay for that I Don't understand people that would say it's not profitable corse it is you wouldn't have to buy so much if you know exactly what you are doing and what you need to buy! My clients always pay my colour correction prices (and there high) they understand if they want these big changes then they have to pay if that's how much it costs for the change then that's how much it costs you need to break it down to them tell them why it costs that tell then why they need a certain thing done and what would happen if they didn't give them a understanding and why it's best to do it then they will realise why it costs so much! If you are trained in colour correction trust me do not turn them down your mad £120+ for 4 hrs work work I no I don't! X

I'm mobile and from home and I love doing colour corrections I would say its 50% of my business.. I just make sure to do strand tests etcs so they are always appointments that have been booked at least a week in advance.. My biggest issue I've had with it is just using a new colour house as I'm Goldwell trained but they don't have great Goldwell suppliers here in oz, so I'm self teaching Wella, and the advice I have found here with mix tones etc has been amazing.. I think planning etc can make colour correction profitable and in my experience a colour correction creates so much more business.. As everyone wants to know who did the clients hair etc.. I always get call you did my friends hair blah blah blah

I do them, when you have regular clients surely there will come a time when you will need to do a big change, which in theory would be classed as a correction. If your talking about the "alright, I heard you do hair, my hairs black been dying it for years, so I put a blonde on, it went wrong so I went red, now it's falling out and I can't afford a salon so can you do it cheaper at home" then you quote a massive price and hope that said person disappears never to contact your again! which they never do lol! Xxx

Another good point is that it might be a big job to start with, but this client could become regular and spend a lot of money over time.
I've done lots of corrections, and when you reach desired colour all you will do are roots and cuts etc.
Always think of the long term xx

I do them, when you have regular clients surely there will come a time when you will need to do a big change, which in theory would be classed as a correction. If your talking about the "alright, I heard you do hair, my hairs black been dying it for years, so I put a blonde on, it went wrong so I went red, now it's falling out and I can't afford a salon so can you do it cheaper at home" then you quote a massive price and hope that said person disappears never to contact your again! which they never do lol! Xxx

These are the clients im talking about lol. If its a regular client i will do it plus i know whats on their hair so it shouldnt be too much of a job. Not these im black and want blonde in 1 go for £50 kinda people and then stick boxes on after anyway lol x

I would do it if strand tests came back good and the hair is strong enough to take it. I just make sure I charge enough and not promise the client anything x

I think a good colour correction used so much product, bleach, clarifying shampoo, semis, permenants, peroxide sometimes shampooing 4 times that charging £120+ is standard. Shane salons by mine charge pennies in the quieter times. Cant wait for the sun to start shining as ALOT of brunettes want to go blonde.
I love doing colour correction and would really miss doing them physically and financially if i had to stop.
I totally agree and if theres a nervous customer i always show them the test peice then they can make there decision. And i always explain it may be a 3 or 4 appointment process!

I think a good colour correction used so much product, bleach, clarifying shampoo, semis, permenants, peroxide sometimes shampooing 4 times that charging £120+ is standard. Shane salons by mine charge pennies in the quieter times. Cant wait for the sun to start shining as ALOT of brunettes want to go blonde.
I love doing colour correction and would really miss doing them physically and financially if i had to stop.
I totally agree and if theres a nervous customer i always show them the test peice then they can make there decision. And i always explain it may be a 3 or 4 appointment process!

I didnt mind doing them in salon. They are just a nightmare at home x

Latest posts

Back