Do you ever feel disheartened?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdawson24

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm just wondering what your return rate for clients is? Do you find like most of them return to you.. or all?

I'm just asking because I did a restyle on a girls hair and she was going on about how much she really loved it. I did a Rihanna style bob, basically just copied the picture she brought to me of Rihanna. She was really happy and tipped and basically bounced out the salon, I don't think she was pretending.

Anyway this was a few weeks ago, then today I saw a picture of her on Facebook and she has had her hair all cut off really short. Like clippered to a 3 round the back and sides and a wee bit of length on top with a long fringe.

I just felt a bit disheartened like I thought she really loved her hair then she just went and got it all cut off.. was it really that bad?!

My friend did the same thing, I spent ages giving her a colour restyle (for free) from a mousey brown to chocolate brown with caramel highlights more towards the bottom to give a subtle ombre look. Then like a week later she dyed it purple with a box dye!!

Is it me? As far as I know my other clients are happy but i'm starting to wonder if i'm actually just really crap! :(

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

C

I have had this done 3 cuts and colours , they were really pleased but haven't seen them since , don't worry too much it's not like you had a phone call complaining , I can see why you feel like this but don't stress , it's like me I don't have one hairdresser even though some I go to are good I go all over the place for my hair , I'm sure you are a great stylist and don't let this get you down , as for your friend in her head she wanted a change she probably didn't want to offend you , honestly don't get down about it this is what happens so chin up XxXx

Depends really when you done her hair after how long did she re do it with someone else then?

70% of new clients always rebook with me and 90%/95% always comes back i never YET had a client complaining.

Thanks for the words of encouragement Lydia xx

I suppose you can't please all of the people all of the time Camyuk. I can't be sure when she got it cut shorter, but maybe it was just more convenient to go to a stylist closer to her or something, who knows!

You never know she may come back one day , at least you have plenty of regulars so you must be doing something right , and as for your friend , friends and family hair is jus a nightmare in general lol so fussy well mine are xx

I had a friend thats got a bob from long hair and loved it, then she got very excited about having shorter hair she wanted it Alot shorter

She didnt go to the salon she had it done at, she just went to the closest salon just to get it off

She didnt say the first cut was bad or anything she just wanted her hair off

Maybe it was a similar situation :)

You will be great at your job and will always get your clients

I suppose you can't please all of the people all of the time Camyuk. I can't be sure when she got it cut shorter, but maybe it was just more convenient to go to a stylist closer to her or something, who knows!

That's right I have client that live far away. But when they need a cut or things like that they always have elsewhere but now and again they always comes back. Don't feel bad. Think if everyone liked us then there would only be1 hairdresser for everyone. We will never please everyone as much as we do a great job.

Had a client last week that was dark coloured hair wanting to go blonde blonde. We did full head highlights end result not super blonde of course but pretty much blonde and beautiful she just texted me now saying she love her hair but its 2 blonde she can't get used to it and want to do some lowlights.. Think if I had done how she wanted lol..

Thanks Thair, hopefully it is the same situation. I just seen the picture then starting thinking to myself that she must have hated that cut, but then I remembered when doing it how pleased she seemed to be coz her hair was like below shoulder and totally shapeless!

One for me was I coloured a clients hair but she wouldn't let me cut it she went somewhere else , I was stewing quietly for days about it , I got over it and realised she like me to colour and like the other to cut , there's enough clients for everyone xx

Hey,

I'm just wondering what your return rate for clients is? Do you find like most of them return to you.. or all?

I'm just asking because I did a restyle on a girls hair and she was going on about how much she really loved it. I did a Rihanna style bob, basically just copied the picture she brought to me of Rihanna. She was really happy and tipped and basically bounced out the salon, I don't think she was pretending.

Anyway this was a few weeks ago, then today I saw a picture of her on Facebook and she has had her hair all cut off really short. Like clippered to a 3 round the back and sides and a wee bit of length on top with a long fringe.

I just felt a bit disheartened like I thought she really loved her hair then she just went and got it all cut off.. was it really that bad?!

My friend did the same thing, I spent ages giving her a colour restyle (for free) from a mousey brown to chocolate brown with caramel highlights more towards the bottom to give a subtle ombre look. Then like a week later she dyed it purple with a box dye!!

Is it me? As far as I know my other clients are happy but i'm starting to wonder if i'm actually just really crap! :(

Anyone else experienced anything like this?

C

Some people just fancy a change, don't take it personally. If those clients are anything like me they'll realise it's worth spending that extra amount of money on a good hairdresser rather than a DIY job, and not only because it feels like a much needed pamper session.

Be your happy and friendly self and I'm sure they'll find it easier to come back to you when they're ready to feel pampered :)

I work in an area that has 7 hairdressing salons all in the space of a 5 minute walk. I often get clients in, they love their hair but the next time they will just to whatever salon that can fit them in at the time.
Don't be disheartened.
I use to take it personally until i relised they just wanted their hair done there and then. But Iv now got clients that will go anywhere to have a cut but only let me colour their hair or vice versa 😊

One for me was I coloured a clients hair but she wouldn't let me cut it she went somewhere else , I was stewing quietly for days about it , I got over it and realised she like me to colour and like the other to cut , there's enough clients for everyone xx

I got clients like that. I colour do things like that for her and she go to
Another town far away to have her hair cut with her friend she never that it cut with me so she wouldn't know if I'm any good. That's just silly why not give a try if she doesn't like fine however she told me her friend does it with the clippers guess I wouldn't be able to do that lol...

I would say i have 60-70% return rate with only being self employed 9 months that's good for me... I did notice to start with quite a few people not rebooking but I was new, I'd left a local salon, people wanted gossip etc. then there's also the clients who feel awkward that they've gone somewhere else so completely ignor you in the street!! I'm a happy bubbly hairdresser, I do the best I can and that's all you can do :)
You'll be ok :) x

This will always happen but also the worry is down to your temperament - I'm the same, some people wouldn't think twice about where a client has gone but I worry and think what did I do wrong.

Make sure all clients leave with a business card so they have easy access to your number to book again and ask clients if they'd like to rebook. Also you could begin a loyalty scheme to encourage revisits.

Hope this helps, kimi

I know some people who put old profile pics up sometimes. Could that have happened? Or what if someone asked her to be a model for a hairshow? I might be wrong but you cant sit there and worry about it. If she didnt like it after she washed it, just know that you cant make everyone happy. No biggy!

Hi I find all of my mobile clients always book another appointment and don't want to go anywhere else. Clients who I do in salon I would say half make another appointment and the other half will just pop in and don't mind who cuts it.x

I think a lot of hairdressers worry about this alot, but you cant spend the rest of your hairdressing career worrying about clients that haven't come back, you will send yourself bonkers! Concentrate on the clients that have come back and what a good job uve done! :)

Great tips Kimi, thanks so much x

Latest posts

Back