Do you fester on things like this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out why, when a client comes twice, having previously had her nails done at lots of other places and for one reason or another they've never been quite "right", why would that person, after 2 appointments with me, seemed perfectly happy, acrylics lasted 4.5 weeks, infills easy as no lifting, back again, same situation.....why would they then not come back?

After making it clear they have their nails done regularly.

After making it clear they are happy with the work.

I have seen her about locally from a distance (ok I hid) a couple of times so she is not away or ill etc

Why then would that person not come back?

I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet because I'm truly not, but what more is there to want? (and she had a cup of tea each time lol)

Cannot work it out.

Whilst not exactly fretting, it does still bug me. I texted to see if all was ok this time and received a text back confirming that (after almost a month) they were all still on, a chink out of one corner, but hey thats no big deal).

I'm not losing sleep, after 10 years I have a decent client base so its not the end of the world but I can't get inside peoples heads.

Who knows? You've answered yourself on why it shouldn't be anything to do with your work. I do know what you mean though as I had someone come to me a couple of times (maybe 3) and I gave it my all, education and a fantastic service after 'saving' her nails from damage done by improper removal from another salon. Havn't seen her since!

You might never know the answer as it could be something completely random. Best to just get on with those that do return regularly and put it down to one of life's mysteries, or you will be driving yourself batty trying to figure it out with no resolution.

It's probably nothing to do with your work at all, if they lasted and she was happy with them there should be no worry.

Some people just go through phases of doing things and then just stopping.. Before I was qualified I used to always get acrylics at a local salon and even though I liked them one day I just stopped going and never got acrylics again. Wasn't a real reason for it I just didn't get them anymore lol x

I think every salon gets these clients.
It bugs me as well when a client comes a couple of times you don't see them for months on end and then they come back in and slate another salon and do the same thing again
I just don't understand that either, or if they miss an appointment and don't come back for a while and moan that 'they never get a minuet' when you see them walking around town like they've got all day

Sorry had to have a little rant x

Like vanitybeauty1 said, sometimes people just decide to no longer have acrylics,
sometimes they just leave the infills for later, late enough that enhancements are almost
falling off, or sometimes they just want something more cheaper (it does happens)
and is not because your work is bad, your client could even be extremely happy with your
work, but she could also be searching for cheaper service.

You cannot get on other people head, is not your fault, is not your work, is nothing related to you.

I've had a few people do this to me... I know my work is good (and they always seem to leave rather happy!) I don't know what goes in their heads, I'm an easy going, friendly person too... I try not to over think it!

A girl at my work has done this, but I try not to let it bother me because I know it's not my work! And I don't really like her anyway she's an absolute cow so I'm okay about not having her in my house every 3-4 weeks lol! Sometimes people just change their minds about things, nothing can be helped :) x

With a ridiculous number of NSSs in the immediate area, I couldn't compete with their $17 or less for the same enhancement services I offered. I valued myself more than that. I took enhancements off my menu of services.

I felt these clients made a conscious decision to allow these techs to continue to damage their nails just so they could save a couple of pennies so I wasn't going to continue to be their savior

I believe in working hard to keep valued clients. Valued clients are loyal. These clients don't seem loyal to me.

With a ridiculous number of NSSs in the immediate area, I couldn't compete with their $17 or less for the same enhancement services I offered. I valued myself more than that. I took enhancements off my menu of services.

I felt these clients made a conscious decision to allow these techs to continue to damage their nails just so they could save a couple of pennies so I wasn't going to continue to be their savior

I believe in working hard to keep valued clients. Valued clients are loyal. These clients don't seem loyal to me.

I did exactly the same thing for exactly the same reason :)

I just couldn't compete - also from a timing aspect - I couldn't kick out a set of decent enhancements in anything less than 2 hours :(

So I've concentrated on natural nail treatments and now that I have IBX, I'm gradually gathering those clients who are finally sick of having their nails trashed.

It's taken time but I'm getting there and every one of my IBX clients has rebooked :)

Xx

Who knows the reason behind it, but I bet there isn't a single nail tech out there who hasn't experienced it.

People change their minds for all sorts of reasons, sometimes they go elsewhere, sometimes they come back, sometimes they stop having it done. It could be any reason under the sun, but it more than likely has nothing to do with your quality of service.

As an aside though, just seeing her out and about doesn't mean she might not be ill. What's to say she could have a touch of depression or another illness that doesn't present physical symptoms?

As a simple analogy, I do my shopping most of the time in Morrisons, but occasionally I go to Asda, Morrisons or Aldi, not because I'm unhappy with my usual supermarket, but just for the change of scenery lol x

Maybe things have become tight with money but she feels too embarrassed to say? Or maybe she's booked an expensive holiday and needs to tighten her belt until it's paid for? I usually find in this case it's usually a financial thing and most ladies are too embarrassed to say xx

Always usually a personal issue with their money Hun
This happens to me too and I find that texting them telling them about a special offer (when it's been a good while since they've been in) usually works they reply saying oh yea it's been a while I've been skint etc but ill book the offer! And bingo you get them back in......... For a while anyway haha

I am trying to figure out why, when a client comes twice, having previously had her nails done at lots of other places and for one reason or another they've never been quite "right", why would that person, after 2 appointments with me, seemed perfectly happy, acrylics lasted 4.5 weeks, infills easy as no lifting, back again, same situation.....why would they then not come back?

After making it clear they have their nails done regularly.

After making it clear they are happy with the work.

I have seen her about locally from a distance (ok I hid) a couple of times so she is not away or ill etc

Why then would that person not come back?

I don't want to sound like I'm blowing my own trumpet because I'm truly not, but what more is there to want? (and she had a cup of tea each time lol)

Cannot work it out.

Whilst not exactly fretting, it does still bug me. I texted to see if all was ok this time and received a text back confirming that (after almost a month) they were all still on, a chink out of one corner, but hey thats no big deal).

I'm not losing sleep, after 10 years I have a decent client base so its not the end of the world but I can't get inside peoples heads.

That's what she does...goes to a place a few times, then hears about another place and tries them out , hears about a different place and tries them out ....and on and on.

I have a client like that, she'll come to me once or twice ..then go somewhere else for a while etc...she does the same with hairdressers....

I just do her nails when she books in and delete her out of my head till she arrives back again ...:zzz:

Two extreme case but I have had a couple of VERY regular clients just stop.

Not idea for a while then I found out that they had been diagnosed with cancer.

In a word, you have no idea what is going on in someone's life from one day to the next. It's life, and I am sure, nothing personal. Some are probably mucking you around and some are most deffinitly not, don't take it personally, just weigh up each case as it comes along.

X

I've lost two clients, turned out they have brought a gel polish kit from eBay! Good luck to them is all I can say as their nails look terrible ha. Did annoy me though as I was obviously being used so they could copy my procedure. I should have charged more lol x

I've lost two clients, turned out they have brought a gel polish kit from eBay! Good luck to them is all I can say as their nails look terrible ha. Did annoy me though as I was obviously being used so they could copy my procedure. I should have charged more lol x

LOOOOOOVE these! :irked: They come back with layers of this crap on their nails and expect you to remove it "gently" and with no damage to their nails. "Honey, the damage has been done. BY YOU!"

The last one who came to me after using her own home gel kit and asked me to be gentle in my removal was told by me that I wasn't going to do her service because I'd need a drill and a freakin' jackhammer.

Just waiting for them to contact me for an ibx manicure lol x

Now she's got proper enchancements and they are lasting so long, and she won't have an ugly ridge at the cuticle where it's grown out, I bet she's polishes them herself and is trying to get as long as possible out of her
Money. My friend used to go to NSS every other Friday, came to me and comes back about every 6 weeks when they are seriously ropey and there's about 4 differAnt layers of polish over them!

Annoys the hell out of my, it's like being punished for being good lol!

Latest posts

Back