Do you have to have money behind you to rent?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mobileharmonyxx

Reaction score
I am at the thinking stage, at the moment. I am wanting to know, do you have to have money behind you, to rent a room within a holistic centre.

I know its like taking on a flat, you would need the deposit, but when you actually have the room.

Any advice would be appreciated.

If you have had a quiet week you will still be expected to pay your rent on time so it would be helpful to have some money spare in the background hth

Hi! I hope my experience can be of some help...

You don't necessarliy need alot of money behind you to rent a room, that's the beauty of it :)

I have rented a room before, and I would say work out what it will cost you on average in rent, insurance etc to run it and have enough to keep you going for about a month. You also still might have outstanding invoices from suppliers, printers etc that may require payment at times when you haven't been very busy. That will keep you afloat incase, for instance, you or someone in your family gets sick and you can't work, (no sick or holiday pay when you're self employed!) or you just have a particularly quiet month. It would be a shame to get it up and running and start building up a clientele only to run out of cashflow! You'll sleep easier at night too... :zzz:

Renting a room is a great way to have your own business without needing £££thousands. Most girls I know who rent rooms have a great life! They work hard, but pretty much the hours they like, and they can make a good living! In fact... I might go back to it myself! :lol:

Good luck!xx

you don't need a deposit or anything like that, but definetly always have the money to pay your rent.
also add on 6 weeks annual leave to that amount too.

so if your rent is £60 a week, it will be an extra £8 per week to cover the annual leave.

will you also need to pay for phone? electricity? etc. don't forget other monthly outgoings to keep you up and running.

you don't need a deposit or anything like that, but definetly always have the money to pay your rent.
also add on 6 weeks annual leave to that amount too.

6 weeks annual leave.....Lucky for some hIpPy ChIcK:). I think the only time I've had a significant amount of time off work was during my 2 pregnancies.

I am getting better though these days and take more time off than I used to.

gonna definetly take 6 weeks off this year, as my hub has that time off.

Time off ! Whats that ???
I have only ever taken time off when i have been in hospital, even left the hospital and went straight to salon in my dressing gown to do a ladies nails lol.
You enjoy your time off hun I'm sure you deserve it :hug:

I think your 6 weeks holiday plan idea Ann is very good business planning and starting as you mean to go on is the best way to go. In my first year of trading I only had 1 full week off. I had the odd day here and there, but I wish I was a strict with my holiday planning as you. :hug:

Thanks everyone, I will wait to the spring, and see if I can organise a formal meeting to discuss room rates, etc, etc.

I am seriously thinking about it now, as this will give me a better stand for mobile services. Once clients know who you are, they have a better understanding what you have to offer.:):):hug::hug:

Hi

I was also reading this thread with interest as I also hope to go from mobile to renting a room later this year. It feels like a big step as you would be commited to the salon for x amount of days and hours, whereas being mobile gives you much more flexibility, but I suppose the pros outweigh the cons!
Thank you.:)

I am thinking of doing both mobile and renting a room, as I know from present experience it takes time for a mobile business to take off.

This is why I want to do both, why not you? Eliza?

yes, I could do both (and probably would have to as I start to gain a clientele). I wouldnt want to 'dump' my mobile clients.....I dont know what to do for the best, my head is going around in circles!! Thanks x

Work around your mobile clients with the room hours allocated.

Where there is a will there is a way.

Yes, I agree. Thank you! I posted a thread a few days ago re. this + having a family, hence why Im unsure what to do at the mo. Thanks for your help.
x

Latest posts

Back