Do you pay for your hair?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaye74

Reaction score
Just wondering stylists that work at salons do you have to pay for your hair or any beauty treatments ? . Thanks geeks :) xx

At my previous salon we had to pay £8 for tint or £15 for highlights, but at my new place we don't pay for anything x

I've never had to pay for my hair..... but the girls who work in the beauty salon only get 20% off the full prices!

Nope We Don't Pay unless I need it colouring and I'm not at work then I just pay for the colour :)
xoxox

We don't pay but we're only allowed our hair done every six weeks x

In the last salon I was working at we didn't have to pay but we were only allowed a half hour appointment! So it wasn't possible to have full head highlights or a colour change! X

We don't pay as beauty therapists and the hairdressers don't pay for our treatments. No one takes the p*ss and its better that we all have decent hair/nails/brows etc than look like a load of scruff bags! :) perks of the job! It all works out in the wash!

When I worked in an office in a previous life, you had the perks of nicking a few paper clips.....boring!

We dnt pay for hair or beauty also get free sunbeds :) xx

Thanks geeks for your input :) xx

We dont pay unless its for extentions

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

We don't pay at all :) but obviously can't take the Mickey lol, and can only have it done if were quiet, if a client wants to book in over the space for our hair, they obviously get priority xxx

At my previous salon we had to pay £8 for tint or £15 for highlights, but at my new place we don't pay for anything x

Gosh I'm sorry but I think thaw a bloody disgrace. I like my staff to look nice! You can't say you do good hair if they all look like hell! We do spray tans and they just do each othe you can't promote otherwise. I even give them the shampoo and conditioners n styling products so they are familiar with them on there hair, believe in the and can sell them. Beauty treatments Im not sure as I haven't done that I don't like salons that do nails, beauty everything under the sun as its just naff just do what you do well. Id rather rent the room out hourly to botox people and they do good deals for the staff and things like that but the teeth whitening lady always does our teeth for free. Its a very vanity based world at the moment especially with all "the only way etc" we have to be walking billboards of looking good. Otherwise whats the alternative putting hand written posters in the window saying have everything you could want done badly for £25.

I completely agree with Si_82. We don't pay in our salon. The amount of clients who we get that like our styles/colours etc, and want the same doing. It's free advertising lol.

In my last salon we never had to pay aslong as the salon wasnt busy & you got your hair coloured every 8 weeks :biggrin:

My staff don't pay. I want them to look good, so their hair is a perk.

Old thread I know but I searched this topic.

In my salon it's a real struggle to get our hair done. There are plenty of occasions we have time for it but our manager just won't let us, even though we buy our own colours! Me and the other girl have resorted to doing each other's after work :(

Oh and I wanted to book in one Saturday for a blowdry as I'm off for a wedding, and she said I would have to come in before the salon opened and ask the other girl to come in early also :( I've had to book into another hairdressers to get it done.

I used to work in a salon doing hair & beauty, we had to pay €25 to get our colour done but she never charged us for getting hair done for weddings or anything, but we usually had to work for a few hours in the morning and then once the wedding rush was over we could finish and get ready ourselves! I always found it a bit awkward getting anything done because I wouldn't be sure if I had to pay or not, there was no official policy so most of us never really got anything done!

If one of the hairdressers was going to have to come in early for you I would rather just go to her house or something and give her a few pound as thanks!

Amanda xx

We don't pay in our salon but to be honest it's always too busy so I never end up getting my hair done !! 😔 in 2 1/2 yrs I have probably had it highlighted 3 times!

Latest posts

Back