Do you practice what you preach?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkthistle

Reaction score
So I've had a s**t week! busy, peppered with worry and bad news, antibiotics, painkillers and topped off with some drinking and a curry....I was sitting thinking why am I sweating it's not warm, and as I rubbed my hand over my forehead I was horrified to find blisters all through my hairline?! My skin today it literally peeling off in sheets and my head has been thumping all week...

Made me realise I've spent the week doing the exact opposite of what we suggest as aftercare lol...relax, drink plenty water, avoid alcohol and spicy foods etc...I don't think I've ever really been subjected to this much stress and worry and omg! It shows.

Heck no! I am my worst client. Any other therapist/nail tech would hate to have me as a client lol

Yep! What Pure said....
I'm a nightmare client, I never practise what I preach :D

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Me too. You should see the kip of my nails. I might post them on the 'what nails are you sporting today' thread just to make everyone laugh.

I have an eczema rash on my neck and my friend keeps offering me Reiki which I refuse as I know that once I let go I will become a gibbering wreck lol

On the upside I have just collected my new car :)

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm guilty of this too! If only I had the time......

I try! I run a file over my nails once a week and I do cuticle work but I have and probably always will be a nail biter! I try hard to keep them looking neat but I end up biting them when nervous or I don't even realise it sometimes but if a nail ends up ragged I bite it. I try to remember to put solar oil but I at least get hand cream on. I can't grow my nails cause they drive me loopy when long as I'm not used to it. I can't keep nail polish or gel on for longer than a week as it begins to annoy me! So on the whole, no. I'm terrible lol

Last edited:
Guilty too! I spend so much time telling people to go and have massages done to combat stress and lack of sleep, use aromatherapy oils in the bath, burn candles, listen to soothing music before bed ect ect and I do the exact opposite. I'm stressed and I'm an insomniac. But I don't do Jack to help myself lol! Oh and I'm currently walking round with one hand Gelished and the other bare and I never take care of my feet lol :)

I'm just as bad. Even to the point I pretend to myself that my cups of tea count towards my daily intake of fluid! The only thing I do is exfoliate regularly and use sunblock on my face. Hardly the greatest skin care regime, I wash my face with shower creme in the shower in the evenings. Stress is my middle name and I can't remember the last time I actually slept. I just cover my nails in acrylic and shellac to hide the sins but I let that chip and snap off :eek:

Haha so glad I'm not the only one! I wish I could go and get my nails lashes and everything done then a nice wee relaxing massage but to be honest I grudge paying the money as most of the time I get a half assed job!! Not once have I had a consultation when having treatments done.
Will need to find some other way to relax!

Latest posts

Back