Do you promote which spray tan solution your salon uses?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyb1975

Reaction score
Good evening all,

Question, do you promote which spray tan solution you use in your salon?

Recently i've had a new client (actually one of the mums from my new mothers group) come for a spraytan. She loved it, she's a tanaholic and said she usually gets sprayed weekly over summer especially (i'm in Oz). We tried to schedule a follow-up tan but due to both our kids and their feeding schedules etc finding a suitable time for us both was difficult.

Next thing I find out is her hubby bought her a spray tan machine and she went out and bought the same solution as I used on her. She's also advertised on her own personal facebook page that she's now doing spray tans from home and had virtually copied and pasted a post i'd made on my business page about the solution. The cheek! She's not been trained or has had nothing to do with the beauty industry and quite frankly the tan looks orange on her due to her application.

On the upside, i'm getting more and more mums from our mothers group booking in with me for their tans etc. :biggrin: but just wanted to know if you advertise what brand solution you use or do you keep it as your "special secret"?

Thanks
Mel

Last edited by a moderator:
I would always advertise, just in case clients think you're using a cheap brand and that's why you aren't sharing. I've been fully qualified for 3 years now and I have never come across a situation you have described. I wouldn't let her put you off x

Anyone else?? What are your thoughts?:confused:

Soz, not sure on the industry in Australia, but in the UK many clients look for certain brands of spray products only. So, yes, advertising them over here is certainly the way to go hth xxx

Latest posts

Back