Do you rent your beauty room; where are your clients from?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiva1

Reaction score
I rent a beauty room within a hair salon and I would just like to find out where those of you who rent a beauty room get clients from?

Are most of your clients also the hair salon's clients?
Are they self referrals from your website and other means of advertising?
Are they walk ins?

How do you advertise yourself to the hair salon's clients?

I am only asking because the majority of my clients are self referrals through advertising, and a very small percentage from the salon.

Thanks.

Last edited:
When I used to rent a room in a hair salon, the salon didn't let me advertise and never promoted me or had anything at all to do with my business and that was how I liked it. In fact nobody knew I was there.

My clients came via my website or referral and I've never been short of business so don't be put off if you're thinking of renting a room. x

Anyone else?

Am I not enough for you then? Lol x

Haha Kim your so funny.

I have rented space, room and both a room and a space within salons and have always advertised myself on the internet.

Most of my clients have found me on the internet. A few have come to me through the hair side of the salons, but not the majority. I use all the free advertising on the web as well as Facebook, Twitter and my own website.

THAT Kim Lawless!

Ladies, I have been renting the same room for nearly 3 years now. 99% of my clients find me online. I only have about 2 or 3 regular clients from the hAir salon. I do get the odd walk in.

I only asked these questions to find out whether any therapists got a fair percentage of clients from the hair salon....

Just thought I was missing out on something. X

Always keep yourself separate from the salon and retain your own individuality and brand. That way when you move, you take all that with you. x

i rent the upstairs floor in a hairdressers which includes beauty room, spray tan room, nail area and a little waiting area, when i started the majority of my clients where from the hair salon downstairs, the hairdresser is lovely and promotes me to clients i have my brochures and flyers at reception downstairs, an Aboard outside and the hairdresser has let me put posters up in her windows, however now that i am getting more established in coming up to 2 years open i have been getting alot more clients through word of mouth and alot from google, but i do advise to use the hairdressers to your advantage if im not busy upstairs i pitch in downstairs helping the hairdresser, making brews, folding towels and chatting to all the clients that way they get to know me and they will be more inclined to come upstairs xx

Latest posts

Back