Do you still work when you’re ill?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi everyone me again! I have a few clients today but I’ve woke up with a nasty cough and runny nose. I’m thinking whether to cancel or not as I don’t want to be coughing and they are sat so close to me. I’m a bit germ conscious at the moment aswell with this virus spreading

I work, but I message clients giving them the choice to rearrange if they are concerned

I could be dropping in corona virus and my clients still would have me do their roots.
Once, I cancelled a client because I was very ill, fever and flu and she begged to come and sit on the floor in front of the sofa so I could do her highlights, can you believe it?! She went somewhere else after a few text exchanges and they messed her hair up.
She came back to me and she was very sheepish. I put the price up of course x

Personally I don't. I don't even give my clients a choice.
I hate it when they turn up coughing and sputtering everywhere only to say 'it's just a cold'. Then as the appt progresses they tell me they had to take time off work earlier in the week.
I feel like if I give them the choice to put up with me being sick they then think the same goes for them.
I actually send out a message during flu season saying pls contact me if you're sick or risk being turned away.

I work if I feel up to it, depends what’s wrong but tbh if I’m very coughy or sneezy I just think that’s rude to let people sit there while you’re like that. Not to mention the head position for doing nails is the worst for runny noses
I always message and let them have the option to postpone.
Some people are more vulnerable or have vulnerable relatives at home and prefer to cancel whilst some say “oh no I’ll be fine, I could catch it anywhere” and that’s fine, it’s the choice that’s important.

Latest posts

Back