Do you think this would work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

choccycake

Reaction score
Hi, i've just been searching through all the threads about advertising/promoting your new business. I am in the process of setting up a home salon (as there seem to be no rooms to rent where I live!!). I was wondering what you think of this idea as a way of getting new clients -

I was thinking that as it is getting nearer holiday time that I would go to some local travel agents and offer them some small goody bags with a price list, business card etc in it , but also that it would contain a special holiday offer - including a package of tanning treatment, pedicure treatment and possibly lash/brow tint, at a set price or from the price list but with a free treatment or something thrown in - maybe free eyebrow tint if booking the tan etc. also freebie choccie or mini product.

What do you think?, I was thinking the holiday places could give the bags to clients booking a holiday with them. Do you think the idea would work?
I would love to get your ideas. I am just starting out and only have 4 regular clients so far!
Thanks
Choccycake x x x

well I'm all for thinking outside the box and your idea is fab! Perhaps you could offer the staff an inccentive for every client that comes as a result of a recommendation, it means they will be more likely to give out leaflets rather than letting them gather dust.

Brilliant idea but I would tweak it a bit. How about you give the travel agent flyers offering a 10% discount for their clients? I wouldn't give anything away as they'll probably be used by the travel agent staff. Ask the staff to stamp their name on the leaflet and after X amount of new clients referred by them, they get a free treatment.

hi choccy cake.

I think its a great idea however some women will only have their nails done for special occassions like holidays so you are gonna give freebies with the possibility of no return for maintainence thus costing you!!
Don't you have a posh clothes or shoe shop which would put flyers in their customers bags offering a discount or incentive. I am having a double sided flyer produced one side for me and one side for a clothes shop. The cost is split 50/50. It offers 10% of at mine and theirs. People who buy nice clothes and shoes tend to look after themselves as they are image concious and have disposable income. In my opinion they are more likely to be a new client rather than someone getting a cheap one off!! Hope you get on well with your venture, all the best

Thanks for your reply's, maybe I was being too generous with my offer? i'm still going to give it a go, especially as there are lots of travel shops near where I am.

I think it's a great idea - you will get the attention of those who are going away on vacation who might want a pedicure/tanning/nails before they go.

Maybe you could advertise that they will receive their gift when they fulfill the appointment (thus avoiding the travel agency staff taking any freebies).

I'm also thinking you could reciprocate with the travel agencies as well by getting some kind of incentive from them for your clients. That way everyone wins!

Good luck!

Laura x

Hi there choccy,
I do like your idea. but may I offer a suggestion? Just thinking outloud here. but its getting hot.. time for people to travel .. with summer breaks around the corner ect.. so i really like the travel idea. would work well. Like others have suggested I would offer the travel agents a personal "thank you" for their time in passing out your goodies ect.. so what about doing just a little goodie bag- say with some mini solar oil and mini scented lotion or something similar in the bags since you offer tanning i believe, how about some type of mini tanning lotion?- attaching a business card to the outside of the bag with a list of some services you offer and on that card on the front or back of business card write or type on there that this card entitles the barrer to a 15 percent discount on any service? or not sure how much of a discount you want to give per say- but with one service they can get one half off? as a personal "thank you" to the travel agency could offer to do one free service to each of the agents for passing them out or each person that comes in the salon with one of the cards from the travel agency keep a log and each person who comes in the travel agents get a 10-20 percent discount wich can eventually accumilate into free services for them personally? that way if they dont pass out your bags and you get no one to take advantage of the package you arent losing anything but time and a few dollars for the little bags you made up. but if they pass them out- they all can benifit. good luck hun!!! and if you like your idea dont let anyone discourage you.

Latest posts

Back