Do you wear polish/gel whilst working in the salon?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sxc_hannie

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
had a little querie..... my boss won't allow us to wear normal polish or gel polish or any form of extentions at all. Where I have worked previously we had to have our nails done regularly as it was advertising.... i work in a spa we offer a range of hair any beauty treatments including mani/pedi/gel polish/acrylic/gel/silk/fibreglass etc..... i miss having my nails done! ovcourse also being a massage therapist nails had to be fairly short but not compleatly bare! :O

Where you work or salons/spa you go to do you wear or allow your staff to wear gel polish?

(im aware that some clients maybe allergic to normal nail polish (and it gets wrecked when im working) but surly gel polish is ok as that ingredient isnt in the gel polish????)

I've always had to wear it to advertise. We were moaned at if our nails were bare. Now I work for myself I still ensure I have something to show off.

I own my salon and all my staff have regular shellac treatments, it's great advertisement! Plain nails don't always look nice so I'd much rather them have nicely painted nails and toes (toes - especially in summer)

Are you not even allowed a clear or sheer colour? Spa's are different but I'm surprised seeing as you do mani's etc that your not allowed x

Nope not even clear/sheer/French! When I ask the response is 'I'm old school.... Clean short bare nails!' :( think we're missing a trick on the advertising front! We can have toes done but most clients see your hands much more than my feet! I can't exactly shove a toe in there face..... No matter how pretty they are ;) x

Nope not even clear/sheer/French! When I ask the response is 'I'm old school.... Clean short bare nails!' :( think we're missing a trick on the advertising front! We can have toes done but most clients see your hands much more than my feet! I can't exactly shove a toe in there face..... No matter how pretty they are ;) x

Oh that's not fair is it! My nails would look awful short and bare, you need very nice natural nails to pull that off lol mention the advertisement and see if they change their mind if that fails try the toe trick haha x

I'm mobile, but I ALWAYS have my nails done pretty, usually in Shellac as regular polish doesn't last long when doing clients!

Latest posts

Back