Does anybody else...?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 73013

Reaction score
Does anybody else feel like clients treat us therapists (or hairdressers) like were worth nothing....
We have it all the time at our work, were the ones who work really hard to get were we are today and we are all still treated like slaves its so degrading and demoralizing..:Scared::Scared::Scared:

DOES ANYBODY AGREE...

I think there are some people who just see us as 'people who provide a service' and will always be slightly degrading /demoralising to us.

This is one of the reasons why I love being mobile. My clients REALLY appreciate me and understand the hard graft of driving around everywhere, fitting them all in and still providing a salon-like experience.

For all the naff clients we have to deal with, there are luckily many more nice ones. Just grin and bear the horrid and take their money :)

x

It's when they almost feel sorry for you for not having a degree or an 'academic' job haha! If we're so rubbish, then why book an appt with us?! Some people are just plain rude. We had a very patronising client in the other day, sometimes you just have to bite your tongue and keep quiet...keep calm and carry on eh?! Xx

I actually have a degree in law but I changed my career to become a hairdresser because I Love it so much! Most clients who think I'm a thick blonde bimbo are quite shocked when I tell them that my education is actually better than theirs! Haha

I'm proud to be in the beauty industry, it's my dream come true :) x

I was once doing a spray tan and the client said...

"Oh god, your job is SO boring"

I wanted to mess her tan up, orange face... white legs... Just to make my job alittle more entertaining ;)

Of course ever the professional, I did no such thing!

Smile through gritted teeth :)

Xx

Does anybody else feel like clients treat us therapists (or hairdressers) like were worth nothing....
We have it all the time at our work, were the ones who work really hard to get were we are today and we are all still treated like slaves its so degrading and demoralizing..:Scared::Scared::Scared:

DOES ANYBODY AGREE...

Yup! I use to work in a very expensive Spa and I felt like a slave all the time! Came across some very snooty clients, but since I left and work for myself I have felt loads better. At the Spa I had 1 client that use to have a pedicure on the bed whilst typing on her laptop and making phone calls because she was still working. I felt like such a slave at her feet! I know not all spas are the same and I did have some lovely clients but i definitely know how you feel :)

There's a preconception that the beauty industry is for those that have no academic abilities. When I was about 14 at school the careers teacher told me that I couldn't pursue a career in beauty because I should use my brains. I ended up going to university and doing a degree in education to be a primary school teacher and absolutely hated it! It's only now that I'm in my 40s that I've decided to realise my dream.

I almost feel that I could do with a science/biology degree to keep up with the skin and nail technicians - this is not for thickos! To be good you have to learn learn learn and have a huge wealth of knowledge. It's a profession!

Also when I read the hair forum I can't believe the expertise and knowledge that is involved.

People who look down on you are showing THEIR ignorance!! Done.

As said above... I looooove being mobile for the fact that my clients genuinely appreciate me and my hard work! (don't like other aspects, such as all the lugging around lol) wasn't quite the same when I used to work in a salon! Xxx

I totally agree! I had an old woman she moaned about the radio about how long it was taking ( I wasn't being slow she said she has a colour cut and blow dry in 1h usually :s shed been there 20mins I'd done the consultation and was half way through putting the colour on) I kept trying to change the subject and be nice but I could feel myself burning up inside because she kept trying to argue with me! In the end my boss came over and said "you're being very rude" and then she acted like a victim! My boss had didn't fall for that though! But she knocked my confindence so much! I was anxious about work for weeks thinking I'm rubbish at what I do even though I've never had a complaint! I've had a word with myself now though and I now know just to tell them straight! "if you don't stop being rude then I'm afraid I can't do the service" at the end of the day we are there to do a job not to be spoken to like crap so DON'T TAKE IT PEOPLE! you're worth more than that! XD

As said above... I looooove being mobile for the fact that my clients genuinely appreciate me and my hard work! (don't like other aspects, such as all the lugging around lol) wasn't quite the same when I used to work in a salon! Xxx

One thing one of my clients mothers said to me though (88 years old) was... "Is this all you do or do you have a REAL job too?" haha! XxX

Nobody can make you feel small without your permission. :)

Strangely I have never felt this!!

Latest posts

Back