Does anyone buy contact lenses online?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jewsey

Reaction score
Hi

Has anyone had any experience of buying their contact lenses online?
I usually get them from specsavers at £8 per month but i have looked on line and they are much cheaper, just wondered if you had a good experience or bad, thanks a lot geeks xxxxx

jules x

Hiya,I have bought lenses from Buy discount Contact lenses direct from the UK and they were brilliant. Ordered on a Friday afternoon and the lenses came the next morning. Much much cheaper than the opticians I was buying from originally.Hth

Hiya,I have bought lenses from Buy discount Contact lenses direct from the UK and they were brilliant. Ordered on a Friday afternoon and the lenses came the next morning. Much much cheaper than the opticians I was buying from originally.Hth

great thanks emma - did you get the same prescription as you did in the shops? i can get the same strength but some of the other dimensions are slightly different, Ill check out the website you suggested and see if they do them, thanks againx

jules x

I thought you were not able to buy anything on prescription without a health check etc..?? confused now.

I have had my eyes lasered now so it doesnt matter but still, I am wondering if the optician was lying to me to keep me buying from them? LOL:lol:

I've ordered from visiondirect.co.uk and Asda online, both have good prices. Asda insist on full PX details and last check up date before you can order tho.

Yes, I got the same brand of lenses so they were exactly right. Bausch & Lomb I think they are. I had to give all my opticians details etc so I suppose they cover themselves by having that on their files.

I thought you were not able to buy anything on prescription without a health check etc..?? confused now.

I have had my eyes lasered now so it doesnt matter but still, I am wondering if the optician was lying to me to keep me buying from them? LOL:lol:

hi tsia - you can buy them on-line if you are still having regular eye tests they are purely there to cut the price that we pay through the opticians.
i have had a good look through this morning and they even show the specsaver ones i buy, have not worked out the cost yet as there are so many lol x i really want eye surgery and my opticians have said eventually they will not supply me to, so when that happens eye surgery here i comexxx

jules x

hi tsia - you can buy them on-line if you are still having regular eye tests they are purely there to cut the price that we pay through the opticians.
i have had a good look through this morning and they even show the specsaver ones i buy, have not worked out the cost yet as there are so many lol x i really want eye surgery and my opticians have said eventually they will not supply me to, so when that happens eye surgery here i comexxx

jules x

Well its well worth the fiver short of a grand I paid!
There is pain, if you have epi - lasek, which is the less intrusive surgery, but now, its worth every penny and every twinge of pain. Only after for 2 days very gritty etc..
I suppose in a way it will pay for itself over time as contacts and glasses are not cheap as we all know!

My vision is better than 20/20 now. And brilliant being able to see detail on my toes in the shower!! LOL
:lol: :eek: :green:

I'm such a baby and could never have my eyes lasered. Just forked out nearly £400 quid for new specs so you're right - it is probably cheaper in the long run.

Well its well worth the fiver short of a grand I paid!
There is pain, if you have epi - lasek, which is the less intrusive surgery, but now, its worth every penny and every twinge of pain. Only after for 2 days very gritty etc..
I suppose in a way it will pay for itself over time as contacts and glasses are not cheap as we all know!

My vision is better than 20/20 now. And brilliant being able to see detail on my toes in the shower!! LOL
:lol: :eek: :green:

LOL i would love to see the alarm clock in the morning lol x it would be so good to wake up and actually see everythingxxxx:)

jules x

Latest posts

Back