Does anyone buy wholesale hair????

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bumdeebum

Reaction score
Any geeks out there buy wholesale sale and sell with there own brand??? Im looking for some advice as would love to start my own hair extension range ie clip ins, prebonded etc!?? X

I think most extensive distributors will sell you hair wholesale as extended as you contain a tax id, a few will ask for a commerce certify or cosmetology permit

How do I go about that??? It's just a work from home as have a salon in my spare bedroom and we have a large garage and was thinking about selling hair and beauty products online but was t sure how to go about it????? X

If you want to buy bulk alibaba.com has extensive lists of factories and you an contact them directly. The hardest thing is finding one that has good quality and not too high minimums. But order samples form them to try out. I have been thinking of doing it but it is expensive and. you do need large amounts of stock as there are so many options. At this point I have not found one I am happy with and I feel more reach needs to be done before I tie so much money up in stock.

you also need to think about the implications of importing goods into the UK - it really isn't as simple as buying some hair and getting it posted. A friend of mine spent a long time researching etc and even after receiving samples placed a large order (in terms of value) for it to arrive and it clearly wasn't the same as the samples they were sent. Unfortunately the company in china did not respond to her contact etc. I really saw first hand how this can financially ruin someone at our level!! And I have to say eases my frustrations with suppliers as I know they can sometimes get ripped off just like my friend did. I think if I was going to buy in bulk I would buy wholesale and re-brand although I'm not sure if it would be worth it financially. Good luck in your quest!

Latest posts

Back