Does anyone on here make/sell jewellery, tiaras etc and in particular supply w/sale

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blush09

Reaction score
can i pls pick your brains
could you pls give me a breakdown of how you charge .. just been on a course and their formula seems ridiculous .. according to them i should be charging £200 odd for a headpiece that cost £6 in materials to make :0

Pricing is the most difficult issue with handmade items. I make various pieces and I am doing it for a job. Many, many people make jewellery especially, as a hobby and think that their time costs nothing. The same goes for many "handmade" items.

I make sterling silver pieces - the silver needs bought, the hallmarking needs done, the time needs accounted for, I have advertising to pay for etc. etc.

If you are looking to sell individual one off unique pieces then they cost money.

I am not quite sure I would be able to work out the £6 headpiece to £200, but it depends on how long it takes you etc.

There are various books and websites out there which give advice on pricing items, but at the end of the day, I feel it is better to sell items at a reasonable cost than to have a really expensive piece sitting on your shelf for ages, unsold.

I know what my pieces are worth and that is what I sell them for - not to everyones purse but I am not selling mass produced tat!

Before an operation on my arm i started really getting into jewellery making. I was practising on normal stuff but when im all healed i want to only do wedding jewellery. Ive seen Some tiaras around the £10 mark that when looking into it, arent made from good materials and are so bendy it wouldnt last a big hairdo! My target is to use high end products and charge alot more than £10. I personally did my research by going to wedding fairs and looking into places like debenhams and wedding shops and even markets and auction websites. Ive seen some beautiful handmade tiaras etc and i just hope i can one day be as good as that.

I sell some jewelry that I sell with 100% profit ,u could do that for your material and then give your self an hourly rate ie £30 so if for example material was 6 and u spent an hour making it ,it would be £42 selling price :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back