Does anyone serve alcohol with treatments?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had planned to do this but as soon as it was mentioned in advertising the local council wrote to me, visited and threatened me with a hefty fine! steer clear.

another angle on this - ive done pamper parties where they had their own drink, and i was forever touching up smudges and redoing nails :sad: guess it depends on how much drink and what treatments are on offer....

i had planned to do this but as soon as it was mentioned in advertising the local council wrote to me, visited and threatened me with a hefty fine! steer clear.

Wow!! Thanks for that. I'm veering more towards the occasional neighbour, never advertised & if they bring their own so much the better ;)

another angle on this - ive done pamper parties where they had their own drink, and i was forever touching up smudges and redoing nails :sad: guess it depends on how much drink and what treatments are on offer....

Yes this is my concern too!! :/ x

With the person who said about people can walk in off the street and ask for a drink, if you only served juice's and coffee and tea, someone walks in and asks or a coffee you would kick their bum out of the door. If you didn't advertise it and just offered it allong with the tea and coffee wouldn't that be the same as offering it to non clients just like you would with coffees? Xoxo

With the person who said about people can walk in off the street and ask for a drink, if you only served juice's and coffee and tea, someone walks in and asks or a coffee you would kick their bum out of the door. If you didn't advertise it and just offered it allong with the tea and coffee wouldn't that be the same as offering it to non clients just like you would with coffees? Xoxo

I thought that too!

Ha I'd be well peeved if that happened anyway! It got me wondering though about home salons - it's not a public business place is it?

The difference is that juice, tea and coffee aren't subject to licensing laws like alcohol. The information given came direct from the council, it's not something I conjured our of the air! As I say, to circumvent any potential problems it's best to contact your local authority and ask for advice on how they interpret the law. Of course, even if you don't advertise it there's nothing to say no-ones going to find out, people do talk!

Latest posts

Back