Does anyone use Backscratchers???

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sher16

Reaction score
Hi Geeks!
I posted a while ago re systems...and wondered if anyone uses Backscratchers? :| I have for a while and contemplating converting to CND L&P. I have been looking into it but as I have alot of stock I am not sure it's worthwhile...(question whether I am just "jumping ship" when i've encountered a couple of niggles...rather than sorting the niggles!!!) :?:
I love backscratchers, its quick and easy (i find!) and I've got my application down to a fine art, I produce some beautiful nails with the system and have grown to love it...it also smells far less than the other systems I originally qualified in (thank god!) which has done wonders for my lungs and nose!!! Along with that though, it also has its downfalls - I find it a pain with lift prone clients. Where other systems have additional products you can use to help these clients get good adhesion I feel this system falls short (only my opinion not necessarily true - perhaps its also my application not necessarily the product!). I wondered if anyone still uses Backscratchers as it's not a system I hear mentioned alot....although when I started using it all the salons around me were using it....and if so, do you have problems with lifting, more than other systems you use?
Any thoughts would be appreciated before I book myself onto the CND conversion and give up with extreme glaze....
For info I use CND Brisa Gel and have no issues with lifting on my clients who have gel enhancements..
Em x :D

Last edited:
I love it. I've used it for over nine years now never had any probs. I love it cause it's quick which my clients like and it doesn't have a strong smell like l&p xx

What are backscratchers? sorry if I sound thick!! x

I have used Backscratchers fibreglass system Extreme. For all clients (not only the lift prone type) try using a dehydrator as the last part of your prep. It makes a really big difference. Millenium do one that's cheap and as good as other more expensive ones I've tried.

Or, since you are using Brisa, you probably have Scrubfresh. Clean the nail throughly with Scrubfresh before product application.

I have used Backscratchers fibreglass system Extreme. For all clients (not only the lift prone type) try using a dehydrator as the last part of your prep. It makes a really big difference. Millenium do one that's cheap and as good as other more expensive ones I've tried.

Or, since you are using Brisa, you probably have Scrubfresh. Clean the nail throughly with Scrubfresh before product application.

Thanks!!

Also thanks Sarahjade! Im the same, its second nature now which is why im so annoyed Ive had a couple say they keep lifting. I apply the same way i always have! Mine last fine on myself and i hardly ever prep properly and hands in contact with acetone all the time etc etc!!

I think ill start using scrubfresh on my backscratchers clients. Might get that cnd nailprime or something little blue bottle on sweetsquared site it says for lift prone clients?? Anyone used that before? Its a dehydrator i think?

Xx

I love it. I've used it for over nine years now never had any probs. I love it cause it's quick which my clients like and it doesn't have a strong smell like l&p xx

The smell factor was the main thing for me and i love the smell of the aerosol :) yum

Also as you say its so quick and i know it so well.

Before i qualified from aged 14 i had enhancements done for 6yrs by the same lady she was amazing and inspired me to learn. She did backscratchers so after i finished at college i did nfuoh then i changed to backscratchers and have used it ever since!

Its just such a good system, it just knocked me a little when ive had a few people moaning about lifting...stress!!

Maybe its just them....

Thank you for replying tiptotoe. I use NSI gel, I will have to give this a go, where do you get this system from? x

I meant to put tips I missed off the 's' Sorry! x

Thank you for replying tiptotoe. I use NSI gel, I will have to give this a go, where do you get this system from? x

Haha no worries hun!

Their supplier is supernail youll find them online. Its a fab system its a dipping system - you apply the glaze (resin) dip in the powder, then apply glaze again - then repeat, then spray the aerosol activator to seal it and dry!

It is a fab system, i think ive just had a few lift prone clients lately so going to start using scrubfresh on them!!!!

Emma x

Latest posts

Back