Does having a salon attract more clients?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divine Locks

Reaction score
Hi all I am looking for some advice as at the moment I am unsure what to do.

I offer hair extensions, spray tanning, and nail services but I will shortly be offering waxing lash perming, tinting and lash extensions.

At the moment I have been mobile full time for about 3 years and whilst I have a few regular clients I find that I tend to have a really busy couple of weeks and then hardly anything for several weeks despite spending a small fortune on advertising i.e. leaflet drops, internet advertising etc.

I have recently started considering getting a small shop to trade from in order to cut down on travelling and have more regular hours. I have found one within my price range at £93 per week. It is on the outskirts of a medium sized town, on a housing estate where a few of my regular clients come from. As far as I am aware there are no other hair extensions salons in the area and I would be the only beauty salon within a 3 mile radius.

My questions are as follows:
In your opinions
1) Does having a salon attract more clients than being mobile?
2) Would I realistically make enough money to cover my rent and expenses?

Thank you for your help :biggrin:

I was mobile for a few years, i think that having a salon base does bring in more clientèle, you have the potential of passing trade, you will be utilising you time more (no travelling time), most clients expect you to be cheaper when your mobile, and i have found that most of my ex mobile prefer the whole 'salon experience' and i found that i worked mainly evenings and now im busy daytime much more!

question 2- yes but only if you make it work! its a struggle by get yourself out there advertise and work hard! good luck and im sure your going to be great!! x x

I think it is easier in a salon. However once you have a shop you have to commit completely to your opening hours. No more sneaky afternoons off!

I think you will find a salon will definately bring you more customers but obviously also more outgoings too., I like the fact that whilst my colours are processing etc I can be getting on with another client where by mobile thats not often the case.

Good luck with your venture :)

Brilliant thanks for all your advice, I suppose I will just have to give it my best shot and see how I go.

Persianista you made a good point about sneaky afternoons off though but on the plus side at least i'll have somewhere to escape from the kids to :biggrin:

Thanks again for all your help, i'll keep you posted with how I get on.

Why don't you rent a space in a salon to see how you do your overheads won't be as much as opening a salon of your own. X

Latest posts

Back