Does it makes sense to use Solar Oil with UV polishes with no tiny tunnels?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barbara1505

Reaction score
How can solar oil do the work on other UV-polishes than Shellac, who have no tiny tunnels? Is there any chance to moisture the nailplate? In my understanding rather not. I can only submit that the oil is only able to moisture the skin round the nail or let the colour stay longer fine (holding it flexible).

I get this thoughts after using Gelish in the last two weeks. I am a :Love: Shellac girl, work with Shellac over three years and I am very proud to have every colour. Most of my clients stay fine with Shellac but I have also some who need a product who gives more strongness (weak and bendy nails). Certainly I use in this cases Brisa Light Smoothing gel and it helps, but not on every problem client.

I read, that Gelish seems to be stronger and therefore can be perhaps an option for clients who have problems with the durability of Shellac. Before I do new products to my clients I do them first on myself and therefore this thoughts come into my mind. Perhaps also because my nails looked a little bit dryer after removing the Gelish but perhaps this is only pure imagination:wink2:.

By the by: I was very disappointed because unfortunately I ordered a fader:(. "My nightly caving" faded from a beautyful mauve to an in my eyes ugly brown.

How can solar oil do the work on other UV-polishes than Shellac, who have no tiny tunnels? Is there any chance to moisture the nailplate? In my understanding rather not. I can only submit that the oil is only able to moisture the skin round the nail or let the colour stay longer fine (holding it flexible).

I get this thoughts after using Gelish in the last two weeks. I am a :Love: Shellac girl, work with Shellac over three years and I am very proud to have every colour. Most of my clients stay fine with Shellac but I have also some who need a product who gives more strongness (weak and bendy nails). Certainly I use in this cases Brisa Light Smoothing gel and it helps, but not on every problem client.

I read, that Gelish seems to be stronger and therefore can be perhaps an option for clients who have problems with the durability of Shellac. Before I do new products to my clients I do them first on myself and therefore this thoughts come into my mind. Perhaps also because my nails looked a little bit dryer after removing the Gelish but perhaps this is only pure imagination:wink2:.

By the by: I was very disappointed because unfortunately I ordered a fader:(. "My nightly caving" faded from a beautyful mauve to an in my eyes ugly brown.

Remember that Solar Oil penetrates any porous product, even acrylic and gel, but it does take longer with gels as they are less porous.

Solar Oil penetration is achieved by a cumulative affect .. In other words, with regular daily usage the oil is driven further into the product keeping it flexible. ... One reason why it is best to use Solar Oil at night.

Another thing to remember, is that the tiny tunnel technology is more for making quick removal possible with Shellac, not for making it easier for Solar Oil to penetrate. Solar Oil would penetrate even without the tiny tunnels.

Gel polishes are not stronger and do not last longer than Shellac. Myth started by other gel polish brands ... Not the truth. If you are finding that the Smoothing gel is not enough strength to add for some clients the next option is the Removable Sculpting gel. We know that we get a variety of clients who need a variety of strength, and you can offer all those options with Shellac and the appropriate addition if necessary.

Some Shellac colours do fade as do similar colours in gel .. It is a pigment thing .. But they only do so under extreme exposure to sun and chlorine and some sun lotions affect it too ... That is just the way it is .. Usually the more delicate colours that contain a certain pink pigment. If it unfortunately happens, then it is possible to use a normal polish over the top to freshen up or to change the colour and then remove it at the next appointment. HTH

Latest posts

Back