Does it work?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

relax

Reaction score
Just read last night a comment someone made in a beauty magazine that they always keep a coat of clear gel and then paint over the top
Of it with normal polish and it's great at keeping it from chipping?????

Just read last night a comment someone made in a beauty magazine that they always keep a coat of clear gel and then paint over the top
Of it with normal polish and it's great at keeping it from chipping?????

Funny you've posted this. Had one of my regulars in last night for a re-shellac and she had painted over her previous shellac with a normal polish and told me that it hadn't chipped too, had a look at each nail whilst putting on the wraps and yep, no chips in sight! (no base or TC applied over the polish either). Interesting.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

yup, that's right. Polish lasts a lot longer on top of gel or acrylic than natural nails. This is because there is no natural oils to interfer with polish adhesion and the nails have more strength due to the layer of gel/acrylic suporting it so won't bend causing polish to lift/chip :)

I was thinking it's too good to be true but when u think about it , it makes sense 

Latest posts

Back