Does men's skin absorb DHA differently to women's skin?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LetUsSpray

Reaction score
I've just read on Facebook that when tanning men you should always go one shade darker than you would on a woman with the same skin tone as the tan acts differently on their skin. Is this right? Never heard that before. I don't tan men so I've never really thought about the differences I'd have to think about if I did.

I've not heard this before and have never had a problem with male skin absorbing the solution any different to women.
Also, I don't think you can pigeon-hole all male skin as being different to women-as EVERYONE is different.
I would say just to carry on and treat everyone as individuals.
xx

Miss Pink23 is right - everyone's skin reacts differently to DHA so you should carry on as usual and do individual consults for each client - no 2 people are the same. I have treated tanning male clients any differently to female clients xx

The male epidermis is thicker (and tends to be oiler) than womens. DHA does not absorb differently on men, but will last longer due to the above (generally 3-4 days longer).

Other than that, same preparation, same application, same maintenance.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back