Doing a Geek's Nails....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VHunter

Reaction score
Have you ever done a Nail-Geek's nails, and thought to yourself "she should know better"?
:lol:

Are we actually worse than our clients? (I haven't had mine done by anyone else since ummmmm 19yrs ago... so can't answer for myself).

These are the things I find myself saying to clients;
  • Only room for one driver of the taxi or it'll wind up on the sidewalk and you don't have your license
  • Please don't try to help me to put the form on, keep your finger stiff
  • Relax, go 'jellooo' (and I jiggle their hand)
  • Stop watching me because you instinctively point your fingers to the ceiling, watch tv (I have a netbook, and they can watch the slideshow of nail art lol)
  • No, that's not the hand I want
  • No, don't turn that way
  • Play dead
  • you can't talk with this hand
  • these hands are now MINE for the time being
etc....:lol:

And last night, I found myself saying allllllllllll of those things, and we laughed uproariously over it. We suggested that maybe we should start a pretend fight here on Geek picking at each other LOL But then she thought better of it (I'm just twisted that way haha) and said naahhhh last thing that Geek needs is us going nuts HAHAHAHA Besides, the mods don't need that headache haha

BUT ANYWAY.... have you ever done a Geek's nails OR had YOUR nails done by a Geek.... and found them/yourself to be more of a PITA (Pain In The A**) than a client?

I want to hear about it :green:

PS: Mel!!! I love you, btw HAHAHAHA xoxo

LMAO!!! Yes, we did have fun didnt we!

I think as geeks ourselves and being so accustomed to doing clients (and ourselves) in our own way - it makes it really hard to break the habits you've formed as a tech. Like, I found it brutually hard to keep my fingers on top of your hand. As a tech I always have my client put their fingers under mine. I always do my own nails, and to keep a steady hand I always keep them "stiff" when working my own nails... so to go from that to "jello" is also really difficult - hence the reason you repeated yourself at LEAST 2 or 3 dozen times last night lol.

After last nights experience... I dont think I'd ever want to do another techs nails lmao!! Kudos to you for putting up with me lmao!! And thanks for getting me out of that jam - I feel so naked when I dont have my nails on lol.

I totally get it and you're most welcome and thanks for my goodies.
In truth.. I've had clients WORSE than you, so no worries. Just yanking your chain :lol:

But I'm curious... in general, ARE WE worse than our clients when someone does OUR nails? lol

I've done nails on a few Geeks, and vice versa them on me... got to admit, I think out of all of us I was the worst one LOL

The last time Gigi and I did each others nails (November) she was a model client and I was being reminded to relax my fingers :lol:

My clients are pretty good and don't need 'reminding' very often :green:

i am the worst client ! my poor geeky mate was doing her masters and she needed my stubby nails for the make over class , omg ... the poor girl she wa shaking and sweating , me being so hairbrianed hadnt touched my cuticles or anything and they really are bad.. it dosnt help i hate anyone touching em and flinch as soon as they get near me , lol
mind you i tld her it was ace training ,a dn she managed to do a fab set of CB , and she passed , lol

Latest posts

Back