Doing my NVQ 2 at 40, is it too old?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I studied my level 2 hair when i was 29 and omg i fell in love with it! Always something new to learn! I have never regreted it .... however it wasnt easy trying to get into a salon but if your dedicated it pays off..i started off workin for free because i just wanted an opportunity to do what i love looking to study my level 3 in sept and i will be turning 34 so never too late!

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek

I studied my level 2 hair when i was 29 and omg i fell in love with it! Always something new to learn! I have never regreted it .... however it wasnt easy trying to get into a salon but if your dedicated it pays off..i started off workin for free because i just wanted an opportunity to do what i love looking to study my level 3 in sept and i will be turning 34 so never too late!

can i just ask why you didnt do your nvq3 after your nvq2? or do you have to wait a while and gain experience in between courses?

I qualified just as I turned 30! Go for it! As you are already artistic (referring to your beautiful cakes and sugar flowers) I think it will help a lot; you already know about colours and an eye for proportion and level - will help with cutting and updos.

DO IT! xxx

Sorry for late reply still getting used to salon geek. The reason why i didnt want to study my level 3 straight after my level 2 was because I felt like I wanted to get some industry experience before I did my level 3. Plus paying for my course fees I prefer not to take out loans.

Latest posts

Back