Doing my own nails, help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachelvickyplum

Reaction score
I am yet to bite the bullet and do my own nails. I want to do fiberglass coffin tips and a gel polish but not sure on colour etc yet.

I am right handed and as well all know fiberglass is fiddly at best.

Does anyone have any tips or advice??
My nails need sorting i cant keep rocking up at cleints houses with my ramdomly lengthed nails lol.

Helllp

Xxx
Sent from my SM-N9005 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do my own, acrylic or gel, depending on the mood.
It needs loads of free time. I've taken 3 hours last saturday and did a fairly decent job. But, girl, 3 hours.

Ha ha its still taking me a good 2 to 2.5 hours to do someone elses atm.

I was going to do them tonight but that hasnt happened maybe sat now i think.

I shall post the results lol xxx

you're so brave I stick to square but really want to try stiletto when I get time post pic when you're done would love to see them

I did them and took them off. The shape was awful lol.

I am going to try again with acrylic next time i used fibreglass and had a horrid heat reaction so im scared of using it again on myself lol.

I shall post the pic as soon as i manage to do them again xxx

Do your right hand first, you concentrate much better when you start. By the time you get to doing your left hand, you may be tired, but it is easier to do your non dominant hand! Simples! (ish :lol:)

I tried that but the shaping on my right hand was awful!!! Lol
Im def going to have another bash soon though xx

I do my right and then concentrate completely on my left it drives me made if they're not exactly the same as the right haha, I rest my right hand on my knee and steady myself with my little finger over my left hand if that makes sense hahaha

Sent from my LT30p using SalonGeek mobile app

yup.... three... hours.... my dominant hand is my left, but for some reason on myself my left hand seems to always be the hand I'm happier with (and I do it second) :rolleyes:
I don't have the patience to do it on myself again.... I'm just lazy and shellac, sucks sometimes because I'm my only guinea pig for out there nails as ALL my girls work in either hospital, with children, or with food -_-

Attachments

• goldglitteracrylics.jpg
    goldglitteracrylics.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 143

Latest posts

Back