Doing toes whilst pregnant!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katie_deanne

Reaction score
Hey geeks!
Advice needed please, I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and my tummy had now started to really pop out! Just had a client for toes, and whilst I am still comfy doing the treatment I feel I am not far off a point where my belly may start to be uncomfortable when I'm bending forwards!
At what point in your pregnancies did toes start to become a problem? I feel like I need to find some way around it as I am pregnant right through the summer when obviously a lot of clients want their toes done!
Any help would be appreciated, thank you!! Xxxx

Can you get them to lay/sit on a beauty couch if you have one? If they position themselves so feet at the end and you sit on a stool at the end you don't have to bend and it'll be comfy for your back and belly too xx

yes I remember having that problem too - can't fit their feet on your lap with a bump in the way!

You could soak their feet first with them sitting in a chair, discuss colours, make tea etc. and then move them onto the couch. You could then either sit on a stool or stand possibly to complete the pedicure and polish.
To tackle hard skin on the heels, the client could lie on their front?

I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant, and I switched to doing pedicures on my beauty couch, have some extra pillows for short ladies if not their feet won't be in reach. I use a belava pedi bowl for foot soak and keep the water shallow. I also got a cheap piece of vinyl to put on the bed to protect the bed covers from spill ages and I cover that with pedi towels.

X

Ohh thanks for replying so quickly ladies!
I should of really stated in my original post that a couch is not an option for me, I work from home in our smaller bedroom and space is completely taken up with my nail table and chairs, and the chairs I use for pedis!
Really trying to rack my brains to find a solution, but I know in a salon I used to work in when one of our nail techs was pregnant she stopped doing toes after a while and they got booked in with other therapists! But I am on my own so that's not an option either [emoji85] it's soooo difficult as really don't want clients to miss out on toes through the summer as its a good profit booster!
Xxx

Would it work if you sat the client in one of those high breakfast bar chairs with arms.
They could put their feet on a small table at an easier height for you?

Just an idea...

Would it work if you sat the client in one of those high breakfast bar chairs with arms.
They could put their feet on a small table at an easier height for you?

Just an idea...

That will definitely be an option for me to try, thank you [emoji5]️ x

Latest posts

Back