Don't know whether it's time to get back into it

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exquisitebeauty

Reaction score
been out of the industry for 2 years had a beauty salon which was closed down due to disrepair {ceiling fell in on me and landlord didn't want to pay out so kicked me out after a lot of hassle and stress been getting over a nervous breakdown from the result of this an other personal issues i have. while been ill i've been learning and making sterling silver jewellery with genuine gemstones an enjoy it. but found it hard selling and finding places to stock it as keep hitting a brick wall and dunno if i want to get back into the beauty industry or not feel like a lot has changed and i'll not be confident to do it plus i have other health issues that are keeping me house bound i dunno if any beauty companies will take me on because of this and feel like im going round in circles but know i don't want to be on the sick for the rest of my life. sorry i must be going on but have no friends since losing the plot an find it hard to open up i just dunno what to do anymore any advice ??

p.s anyone thats in the wirral, liverpool, chester area that might want to take my jewellery on an earn commission pm my fb is exquisite illusions jewellery wirral if you want to see the pieces would love to been given a break in life

Sorry to hear your feeling down but things will get better :) maybe do some training again in the beauty industry to get your confidence back ? X

Why not try and contact some salons or are there any craft type shops that sell things and see if you can go and see them with some of your jewellery & ask if you can sell it there. We have a lady do this in our salon. Also I agree with the comment about getting a bit of refresher training done. Maybe focus just on the things you really enjoyed doing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry to hear that things are so difficult for you :hug:
Would it be possible for you to speak to someone independent, like a life coach for example? Someone who can help you to recognise if your heart's still in beauty or if actually you would be more successful investing more time pursuing the jewellery. Sounds like you enjoy it. Perhaps some practical help with your marketing would make all the difference with increasing your sales - just some small steps to get you moving in the right direction. Is this something you can do from home?

Could you get a website and sell from that? Worldwide coverage? xx

aww thanks for replying guys sallyyummymummy unfortunately there isnt any craft shops other than abakhans and they wouldn't be interested as its too much hassle for them i inquired. ive emailed all the local boutiques & bridal shops and again they are not all interested, Really annoys me that their the time of people to moan if i was on the dole for life. had one lady in Liverpool take the jewellery for her boutique but shes come out of the shop due to poor location and not even tried to sell anything i would mind but they'd get various commissions for selling it. just feel really useless and disappointed in the fact people always say yu i'll give you a chance but when it comes to the crocks of the matter they cannot be bothered. My health will always be like this and cant do certain things as im restricted with my health. Tried re cognitive therapy and fat lot a good it does as you only get 6 sessions and by the 6th your only just starting to get somewhere then they pull the plug. so your back to square one and all they get you to do is do timetable which is pointless as things can go out the window in day to day life. & blossom would but again takes thousands to get the public to even notice you there trafficking so hard i have a asos boutique but again had that for almost a year an not sold anything and no feedback doesn't encourage people to buy. sold a few pieces thru facebook but nothing regular to make a wage from. Time where i feel like im cursed an wanna scream and have an episode. Anyway thanks for letting me rant only place i can do it an get a response love to you all x

Latest posts

Back