Drama, need haircut advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Serendipity13

Reaction score
Ok people, no judgement please: I'm fully aware of the mistakes I've made. I now really need advice as to how to proceed regarding a decent haircut.

I had successfully dyed my hair platinum blonde without damage, I was patient and very careful.
Last week I used a semi-permanent color (Color Fresh by Wella) in silver, and it came out really grey and dull. I did a bleach bath to remove it, and used volume 30 instead of 10. I mixed up the bottles, yup. :(
My hair literally fell out. Huge strands of hair, gone in an instant. I have very long hair as you can see in my picture, so I'm quite devastated but hey, it's not the end of the world and I'm learning.

The weird thing is that I still have "half" my hair, on the second half of my head (English is not my first language, I'm not sure how to describe it). So to give you an idea, it's basically a mullet... You can laugh ;)

I'd like to know your suggestions regarding haircuts. I've searched online for a long time and no one seems to have had that specific problem. Should I cut it shoulder-length and wait for the rest to growth, or chop everything off and go for a pixie cut?

Any suggestions much appreciated, thanks.

I would go pixie, or of you're feeling brave try and rock a modern mullet

You could cut the top into a pixie then leave the length and style it with a wave, I think it may come back into fashion soon because I'm seeing it in a lot of editorial work

I second a pixie cut so that as it grows out, it will be in a good condition all over and will look much healthier.
If you leave some of it longer, as it grows out the longer pieces will still be quite damaged from the previous bleaching sessions and as soon as you get an urge to colour it again, the more fragile sections could start to break off leaving you with a styling dilemma.

My first bleaching disaster = pixie cut was back in the 80’s when Annie Lennox was rocking pixie hair and it wasn’t cool to have straight long hair. Thank goodness. :)

I would go pixie, or of you're feeling brave try and rock a modern mullet

You could cut the top into a pixie then leave the length and style it with a wave, I think it may come back into fashion soon because I'm seeing it in a lot of editorial work

So cool, thanks! I've cut a lot of my hair (not as traumatizing as I thought it would be, I'll post pictures below), and left some length just in case I am inspired to do a wave like you said ;) I'll look more into it! Many thanks

I second a pixie cut so that as it grows out, it will be in a good condition all over and will look much healthier.
If you leave some of it longer, as it grows out the longer pieces will still be quite damaged from the previous bleaching sessions and as soon as you get an urge to colour it again, the more fragile sections could start to break off leaving you with a styling dilemma.

My first bleaching disaster = pixie cut was back in the 80’s when Annie Lennox was rocking pixie hair and it wasn’t cool to have straight long hair. Thank goodness. :)

Many thanks :)
That's a good point about the longer damaged locks. I'm using Redken leave in treatment and I do keratin treatment but it might be a waste of money.
I really didn't think the disaster would happen like this, with a simple bleach bath... I took many risks in the past and it was ok, each time I expected a catastrophe but it happened when I didn't expect it ;)

Here are some pictures. The one where I'm wearing the blue shirt is to short the length I have kept.

Attachments

• IMG_7473.JPG
    IMG_7473.JPG
    192.6 KB · Views: 49
And here is the pixie I did by myself (I'm sure it's not perfect but I'm kind of proud...)
The hair that's left is tucked in a little braid but I really think I'm gonna cut it.
What do you think? I know have to learn about how to style a pixie ;)

Attachments

• IMG_7578.JPG
    IMG_7578.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_7582.JPG
    IMG_7582.JPG
    286.4 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7587.JPG
    IMG_7587.JPG
    193.5 KB · Views: 48
Wow, you look amazing. A pixie really suits your fabulous bone structure.

When I had mine cut short centuries years ago (!), I used coloured hair spray to add some drama as direct dyes weren’t available back then. You can actually do lots to update your look with a bit of imagination and a dash of creativity. Have fun experimenting (away from the bleach!!)

Latest posts

Back