Dreading new fussy client!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trixiebellewax

Reaction score
Ever taken a booking for a new client and found yourself dreading it before you even meet them?
I had guy phone yesterday to book a waxing appointment for his wife, he spent ages faffing asking me for all my availability over the next week or 2, then says any day or time is fine as his wife is a housewife. He then tells me he has been recommended by a client of mine and says I should give her a fiver discount! I diplomatically pointed out that I do 15% off for recommend a friend AS STANDARD, so as to not look pushed into anything.
Next he says can we book a quiet day for his Wife so she can have plenty of time spent on her, to which I replied politely I don't have any quiet days and each treatment is booked for a pre set time.
He then goes on to tell me that his wife is late 50's and new to waxing so may find it difficult, so I suggest a couple of painkillers an hour before, he replies oh no that's not necessary.
Finally he asks for the cost and when I tell him £49 his immediate response is 'lets call it £45 so my wife can use the rest for bus fare home'! I again point out that I offer an initial discount of 15% with recommendation so in will be £41 odd with the offer.
If it wasn't for the fact that the lady who recommended me is a very loyal client I would have told this guy to find somewhere else for his wife!
Bloody dreading Wednesday now! Im tempted to call my loyal client and ask her how well she knows this guy, as I would love an excuse to cancel this appointment out without embarrassing or upsetting my existing loyal one.
Sorry for the rant but its driving me nuts :evil:

You may find she is lovely, just married to a complete ar5e lol

She probably feels totally embarrassed by him. Give her the benefit of the doubt. Poor woman is probably totally under the thumb!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

That's what I'm hoping! Just having premonitions of her turning up an hour late, screaming the place down and asking for it half price lol.
Like you say though, hopefully she just has a git of a husband.
I was very tempted to tell him that im a waxer, not a market trader, prices are set and not for haggling lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

If have been tempted in this case to say I need to speak to the person who the appointment is actually for, only because he sounds like a creep.

He hasn't booked an intimate wax for get by any chance has he? I'd be wondering if she knows, or even wants one.

Oh dear!! I can hear the household conversation now....you're letting yourself go a bit dear, Mr X's wife gets waxed, hair done blah blah...I think you should too...I'll book you in. Poor lady,

If she's not been waxed before, she'll probably be more Red than normal, like she's going to want to sit on a bus home. Feeling all self conscious - get your wife a cab

*I'd love to know what she's like....come back and tell us please :)

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Can't imagine my hubby ringing up to book my waxing! She needs her....um....you know....bits....and things waxed......!! I don't think so! lol

Blimey I feel sorry for the wife already he sounds like a right weird one!

She's booked in for a full leg and full face wax. It did sound a little bit like he was choosing which treatments she was having, so I will be checking that she actually has the correct treatments booked that she wanted.

I do have another client who's husband always rings to book her appointments for her but its because she is from Peru and she says people struggle to understand her over the phone.
Will definitely update on Wednesday with how it goes.

Just hope he doesn't turn up with her :Scared::eek:

I remember a guy ringing to book his wife in for a Brazilian with me and then said I best book her for a facial after because she doesn't know she's having the wax but it's our anniversary! I booked it but then later made a secret phone call to her to check she was happy with this! Some men hey! X

Beauty by Gabrielle

I wouldn't let my husband do any phoning for me, he would probably mess it up and I would be booked in for a Brazilian. (I'm a wimp and wouldn't have a standard bikini wax if you paid me)

I hope this lady is lovely though and that her hubby is just a bit too ..... 'Helpful' lol. Look forward to hearing how it all goes x

No, this does sound like a very odd man to me. Why a full leg for her first ever wax? Why not a half leg, he clearly has no idea on what she would actually need... and a full face wax followed by the bus home :rolleyes: moron!

hope it goes okay , and I too hope he doesn't turn up with her? I wouldnt want her standing over me whilst probably trying to dictate what to do. I have a father like this who used to bring his daughter, okay yes its his daughter but he talks for her all the time she never gets a word in edge way. He doesnt come to me anymore as I dont think he liked the way i did her eyebrows but her being younger i didnt want to take off too much as they were really thick etc.

let us know how it goes :)

No, this does sound like a very odd man to me. Why a full leg for her first ever wax? Why not a half leg, he clearly has no idea on what she would actually need... and a full face wax followed by the bus home :rolleyes: moron!

Just praying that he doesn't come in with her! Hopefully not though, seeing as he wanted discount to cover her bus fare lol :mad:
Going off the guys accent and the wife's surname name I think she may be Indian, so maybe darker hair the reason for full legs? Gawd knows, she is in before lunch tomorrow so will update and let you all know.
Wish me luck (same for my client too) :rolleyes:

Update as promised :)
As some of you said, she turned out to be absolutely lovely, yay! Turned up 10 mins early and I guessed she had a lift off her husband, asked her if she found her way ok on the bus as her husband had told me she would be on the bus. She looked at me like I was mad and said her husband had brought her and she never goes on the bus lol. (Obviously a little bit of bull from the husband, trying his luck for discount).
Next thing her husband turns up to check she has got in the salon ok (she had been waiting for a minute or two as she didn't notice the doorbell and I am alone in the salon today). He tells me he has just been phoning so I politely told him I couldn't answer the phone as I was in treatment with someone and I cant take calls mid wax :rolleyes:
Next he says he will be back in an hour and 15mins to collect his wife, and can I ring him when she is ready. I say of course, not a problem, her appointment time will fit in perfectly with that ;)
All went well with the lady's waxing, but then we ended up sat there for over 20 mins waiting for the bloody husband, bye bye to half of my lunch break.
Basically, as we thought, husband is a nob and thinks he is the most important thing on the planet lol.

That poor woman!

Vic x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

Its awful really that our lives are held to ransom by clients. Love being a therapist but sometimes hate the way people fanny on! Glad it went well for you x

I feel rather sorry for your client. Couldn't be dealing with that much husbandly attention :eek: glad it all went well, aside from missing half your lunch x

Latest posts

Back