Quantcast

Dream table

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

slueless

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
California, U.S.A.
Hi, all
I have been looking at Manicure tables, ( big wants, little money) and want to get the most for my money. Since I am a new nail tech I sure would be interested in what you guy would wish for in the Perfect Manicure Table. I am looking into having one built an would like your thoughts on What the Perfedt Manicure table would be like.
Thank you
Suzanne
 

angel fingers

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
7,381
Reaction score
234
Location
northampton
mine is the shape of a peanut[one still in its shell] so its narrower in the middle for easy reach to the client and wider on the ends for maximum storage capacity and display. its on lockable castor legs, so i can change its position easily if i want to, e.g if i have a pedicure to do.on my right i have a revolving lazy susan to keep all my equipment in easy reach. in the centre i have a comfort wedge with a heated pad on which gives a lovely feeling of relaxation during my services and assists in the setting of the accrylic on cold hands on winter days. i couldnt be more happy with my desk!
 

slueless

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
California, U.S.A.
Wow, Angel fingers, does that warmer thing realy exsist? That would be way cool, love the idea. Thanks I had forgot that I wanted wheels on my table, that would be a big mistake to get one that did not roll.
Suzanne
 

angel fingers

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
7,381
Reaction score
234
Location
northampton
slueless said:
Wow, Angel fingers, does that warmer thing realy exsist? That would be way cool, love the idea. Thanks I had forgot that I wanted wheels on my table, that would be a big mistake to get one that did not roll.
Suzanne
yeah its true honest.! its like a mini electric blanket - its sold for people with bad necks etc. it has a washable cover but i always top it with couch roll. i got it from index a year or so back , only about £15 or so i think. its great to use in pedicures too.
 

slueless

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
California, U.S.A.
This sounds like something I would like to try, I can' t quite picture it tho, What is couch roll, Im in the U.S. we may call it something else, or I may just be an idiot too :) Would a heating pad wraped in plastic bent over foam, be close to the same thing. If you have an www. Where I could buy one I would most appreciate it, or if you could send me a quick photo that would be great to.
Thanks so much
Suzanne
 

angel fingers

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
7,381
Reaction score
234
Location
northampton
slueless said:
This sounds like something I would like to try, I can' t quite picture it tho, What is couch roll, Im in the U.S. we may call it something else, or I may just be an idiot too :) Would a heating pad wraped in plastic bent over foam, be close to the same thing. If you have an www. Where I could buy one I would most appreciate it, or if you could send me a quick photo that would be great to.
Thanks so much
Suzanne
couch roll is the disposable tissue paper [about 20 inches wide] that you put on your desk, - you know, like giant toilet tissue! i dont have a www. but index is a big chain of stores you could try index.co.uk or it could possibly be littlewoodsindex.co.uk or even indexextra.co.uk. its in the personal care section , electric shavers , massagers etc..im not sure what you mean by a heating pad but i would say youre probably thinking along the same lines. the language barrier is only a small one between us but it sure can have you confused, i puzzled for ages over saran wrap then it turned out to be what we know as cling film.
 

slueless

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
California, U.S.A.
angel fingers said:
couch roll is the disposable tissue paper [about 20 inches wide] that you put on your desk, - you know, like giant toilet tissue! i dont have a www. but index is a big chain of stores you could try index.co.uk or it could possibly be littlewoodsindex.co.uk or even indexextra.co.uk. its in the personal care section , electric shavers , massagers etc..im not sure what you mean by a heating pad but i would say youre probably thinking along the same lines. the language barrier is only a small one between us but it sure can have you confused, i puzzled for ages over saran wrap then it turned out to be what we know as cling film.

Ok Im getting it now. I think the tissue paper is what we call Paper towles. But I anm totaly getting the picture now. In the States we have something, dont know what the name is, but you can buy it at craft fairs and sutch. It is a cloth tube filled with soy hulks? You pop it into the micowave, it heats up and stays warm for a long time. This may work also. I am so excited and thankful that you sharred this idea. I will try to find the www. and check your product out. The saran wrap is so funny. I live on the West Coast, and I understand that a grilled chees sandwich is not the same on the East Coast, so we don't even understand each other here :)
Thanks again for sharring your ideas. it is so helpful.
Suzanne
 

angel fingers

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2003
Messages
7,381
Reaction score
234
Location
northampton
slueless said:
Ok Im getting it now. I think the tissue paper is what we call Paper towles. But I anm totaly getting the picture now. In the States we have something, dont know what the name is, but you can buy it at craft fairs and sutch. It is a cloth tube filled with soy hulks? You pop it into the micowave, it heats up and stays warm for a long time. This may work also. I am so excited and thankful that you sharred this idea. I will try to find the www. and check your product out. The saran wrap is so funny. I live on the West Coast, and I understand that a grilled chees sandwich is not the same on the East Coast, so we don't even understand each other here :)
Thanks again for sharring your ideas. it is so helpful.
Suzanne
yeah, i know what youre talking about, my physiotherapist had one like that, she called it a wheat bag, it smelled like freshly cooked toast! i gues that is the same sort of thing as i use but a bit more eco friendly because you dont need to plug it in to the electric supply.
 

slueless

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
California, U.S.A.
Gosh you would lol if you could see my tiny station with all the cords comming off of it. We are going to change up the shop tonight and try to make more room, but besides a fan, electric outlets on my table are my #1 priority. Oh ya and Storage, need that storage :)
Sue
 

slueless

Well-Known Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2003
Messages
77
Reaction score
0
Location
California, U.S.A.
angel fingers said:
yeah, i know what youre talking about, my physiotherapist had one like that, she called it a wheat bag, it smelled like freshly cooked toast! i gues that is the same sort of thing as i use but a bit more eco friendly because you dont need to plug it in to the electric supply.
I know what you mean about the smell. I heard you could put a few drops of incence oil and make it smell different. :rolleyes:
Sue
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top