Drowning in a sea of stress . . . are you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but at the moment I just feel like I'm floundering around, drowning under the weight of all life's stresses and strains and struggling like mad to keep on top of it all.

I'm sure I can't be alone, it's just not possible . . .. but it sure feels like it at times. What stresses do you have in your life atm to cope with - it will make me feel less alone and help get things in perspective and might even help if we get things "written down".

Hope this isn't the only post!

Mine include:

a depressed hubby who WILL NOT seek help
2 teenage girls, 1 going through exams atm
a dog going through (and on hormone treatment for) a phantom pregnancy who keeps whining and howling
a camping trip on friday to prepare for (eldest)
a mound of ironing
a whole host of things like banking and returning stuff and I can't go out cos
I'm waiting for a delivery :irked:
chaos upstairs while we decorate
a garden gate that will not lock and something valuable I don't want nicked in the back garden and when I rang hubby about the dodgy padlock he hung up on me :evil:
A car to collect later from its MOT costing £400
A house which needs cleaning and no time to clean it. (OK I'm going)

I'm not even thinking about next week.

I won't say work because really that's plain sailing and easy - apart from the fact that the evening appointments encroach on time I could well use doing other stuff, but hey.

You know, even just writing it all down has made me feel just a tidge better already, heaven knows why.

Aw it really is good to share!!

Feel for you hon. I think stress is such a big thing that many people don't even think about. It's good at least to know when you're under it as it helps to cope with the flustered feelings! I lived with a guy with depression so without saying "I know how you feel", I do know it is hard.

If it makes you feel any better - my house is always a tip and has a mountain of ironing, but I couldn't care less, such a bad housewife :D

Time for a brew? Xx

well blossom all you can do is take one day at a time.

teenagers :smack: ( have 3 of them myself. )

housework and ironing :zzz:.... if i had the money i'd pay some one to do both...in the meantime i only do what i have to.

the hubby not being well is worrying though... i hope he can be talked to by someone...

the only thing that's stressing me at the minute is the weather. i know i'm off to spain at the weekend but still ..i just wish we could get a normal run of good weather...the sun doesn't have to be splitting the stones but come on.......:irked:

I think we all go through a bad patch at times. Last year was hell for us. Hubby was out of work for 8 months and under my feet. Thought we were going to lose the house. A so called friend of hubby's was ripping us off with an investment property we had which caused loads of stress. The boiler broke. The car needed 2 grand spending on it.

In the end we got through it but we're no way complacent.

You will look back on this time when things get better and think "thank God that's over and we got through the other side".

You're not alone.
:hug:

By the way, my vac just broke!

At least my delivery came and I could get on a bit. . . . a hubby rang me at lunchtime to say sorry . . . well sort of lol

The afternoon has presented me with another collection of jobs and obstacles. . . . . so my life is not about to get any simpler just yet

Thanks for the replies! x

It's not nice having things feel like they are piling up. I always forget to delegate, almost like it's a guilt thing. But it shouldn't be.

You need help to get through that lot Blossom and once you can see the jobs being crossed off it may lessen the burden.

Can you sit down with everyone and decide who can do what? Don't forget to get them to agree to a time frame!

I think we go through times where our stress levels hit the top and we have to drain them to drop the levels.
I know sometimes I can cope with everything but today I just sat down made a cuppa and wanted to cry!!!

I have 9 children (5 step, 4 mine) 4 of those are teenagers, arrrdfff

Sometimes they push me over the edge and I loose it but that it turn makes then sit up and gives them the kick up the arse they need!!!

Running a business and home, dealing with estate agents is just the start!! I've been married 7 weeks and still living apart from hubby!!

It takes it's toll! I usually pick up my phone have a good moan and feel better.....

Well I'm going to add my list now.....

Being bullied in my day job, making me not want to go in :( Long story

Car broke down last week, very badly, estimate so far is 700 Quid :-(

My mum sadly passed away last year and since then my brother has stopped speaking to me and my sister doesn't invite us over anymore, but happy to come over once every 2 weeks to get het nails done.

All these things require me (except the car thing) to confront and ask people what's wrong but I just can't do it, I don't know why, just sticking my head in the sand ad it'd all getting too much all at once.

So feel for you blossom xx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

Big hugs to all of you with stress that's difficult to cope with.

Making a list can really help, particularly if you use it to prioritise.

Remember that you can't change other people, but can change your reactions to them.

The saying that always helps me is "This, too, will pass."

Hope better times are on the way for all! x

Hi there to the OP hope this comes across as nice and not rude but could your older kids/hubby not help around the house? Do a rota or something! Why should all the house work etc be on your back, they live there too! It sounds like everything is on top of you and no one is offering YOU any support! Hope you are ok xxxx

God I know how you all feel. I keep things bottled up because I dont want to seem like a moaner, but my current list of problems is:

• A house that we were ripped off with (major problems covered with cosmetic work) that is literally falling to bits and we can never seem to get it how we want it because as soon as we have some cash for decorating, it has to go on other things like leaking roofs, leaks in the bathroom, electrical faults, broken boiler etc etc
  • Completely skint and 1 month behind with the mortgage
  • The house is always a mess because I have arthritis and find it difficult to stand for long periods of time, hence the housework doesnt always get done.
  • Having a colonoscopy soon because i've been having health probs so am worried about the results of that
  • Daughter has a w***ker for a "dad" who hasnt seen her for 16 years then turns up claiming to be dad of the year, right in the middle of her GCSE's too, how considerate of him.
  • A family member has been diagnosed with advanced cancer having being turned away by his doctor for the past 2 years and being told theres nothing wrong with him. He was refused his most recent chemo session because he wasnt well enough to cope with it
  • another family member died last week after fighting cancer and has left a young daughter behind with no brothers or sisters to rely on.
But you know what, for all that, I'm very lucky. My husband is adorable, I have beautiful children, I have a roof over my head and enough money for food. There are plenty of people in the world who cant say that.

Aaaaaaaarrrrrrggghhhh!!!

That is all. I feel better now :)

Not in the frame of mind to list at the moment. Can't take much more :(

Chin up lovelies, it could be worse x

The nice thing is having support of other geeks, so come on girls like pinkbunny says 'chins up' let support each other through tough times Xxxxxx

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back