Drunks in the salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

browneyed gal

Reaction score
Today we had a regular client come in for the full works, foils and flooding inbetween, then CBD,
However because she was so intoxicated, (which is not the first time, but usually she only has a blowdry) I felt really uncomfortable trying to have a consultation with her swaying all over the place, and repeating the same thing over and over again, but still not knowing what she actually wants because we were going for a change!!
In the end the boss cut her hair first hoping she would sober up, ready for her colour, but he eventually talked her out if having it coloured today,
Which I personally think was the best outcome, but for a moment I thought I would still have to colour her hair, which was filling me with dread,
Like I said she didn't have it done in the end, but what do I do if she turns up again off her nut!!?
Has anyone else had to deal with someone like this? x

I used to have a client like this she was harmless and great fun, prob shouldn't have done her hair but she was in all the time sober and drunk, but we could laugh about it!!

Surly your boss should phone her and explain not to come in drunk again!

Simply say to her "im sorry but I cannot carry out a service while you are clearly intoxicated". was she definitely drunk? A diabetic with very low blood sugar will appear drunk until they eat something.

Simply say to her "im sorry but I cannot carry out a service while you are clearly intoxicated". was she definitely drunk? A diabetic with very low blood sugar will appear drunk until they eat something.

I was just about to mention low blood sugar, there is a woman by me who acts drunk a lot and although its not low blood sugar it is a illness she has. A lot of people are rude calling her an alcoholic... She's not drank in her life haha.

If you feel she is drunk then you have the right to refuse service.
Maybe type out a letter for her (so she can see it when sober ad actually remember) saying something like "I'm sorry you were unable to have x service done on date, we can not do your hair while you are under the influence of alcohol. On date was the 2nd /3rd time you have come in under the influence and we are sorry to say, but if this behaviour continues we will have to decline to do your hair. I'm sure you want to be looked after and kept safe in our salon, our stylists also have the right to safety, and with someone who has had alcohol safety can be hard. I'm sure you understand. Salon name"

Hopefully this will shame her into being sober from now on or going elsewhere xoxo

I just want to echo from above, dont be quick to judge she may have low sugar levels. If shes clearly intoxicated, and well chatting rubbish and getting a bit unruly whats the salon take on misbehaving clients.....?!!

Hope its the right to refuse good or services if you see it unfit for purpose etc...

I dunno how your boss she thought she could sober her up and cut her hair!....damn im think asymmetric bob with lambrinee in her hand! xoxo

I once had a walk in at the end of the day for a cut who was very drunk (I know he was drunk as he had walked over from the pub opposite the salon) and I had no idea what to do being 18 at the time and my boss wasn't around to ask. Not wanting to get in trouble for turning someone away I carried out the service but it was a nightmare. The man wasn't aggressive or anything just very loud and kept sliding down the seat and slouching over which as you can imagine didn't make matters easy. And after I had finished the cut and took the gown off I noticed he had wet himself while sitting on the chair which ment I had to stay behind and wash and disinfect everything he had come into contact with. Moral of the story is if they really are drunk just don't do it x

I once had a walk in at the end of the day for a cut who was very drunk (I know he was drunk as he had walked over from the pub opposite the salon) and I had no idea what to do being 18 at the time and my boss wasn't around to ask. Not wanting to get in trouble for turning someone away I carried out the service but it was a nightmare. The man wasn't aggressive or anything just very loud and kept sliding down the seat and slouching over which as you can imagine didn't make matters easy. And after I had finished the cut and took the gown off I noticed he had wet himself while sitting on the chair which ment I had to stay behind and wash and disinfect everything he had come into contact with. Moral of the story is if they really are drunk just don't do it x

That's vile.
I'd have burned everything he touched and him hit doing it. That's just vile. Xoxo

That's vile.
I'd have burned everything he touched and him hit doing it. That's just vile. Xoxo

Haha I could just picture you with your marigolds on tutting in disgust and smacking him away :)
It was awful at the time but now I look back on it as an experience I learnt from and would never put myself in that position again xx

Hi guys, yep she was definitely drunk, she's kinda know for it, don't get me wrong, she has had a crappy life, which we know about at the salon,
but she also likes to have a moan as well, which I think might have been asking for trouble, if I continued with her colour, then having her ring up today not liking it.
Hopefully next time she comes in, she's in a better state,
Its hard to think of a dipomatic way to handle this x

That's awful, we once had a lady, who wasn't drunk!! She came on her period whilst at the salon, we only noticed after she left and saw " stuff" on the chair she had been sitting on x

Horrible situation I had a regulars gent who would come from across the pub and he was always so nice and pleasant but came in one time and was really drunk and was complaining saying u had missed bits etc (he only gets a 2 all over)so just kept my mouth closed and then he just kept. Eing cheeky so once I'd finished his hair he paid and I told him in future I will not be able to take him while intoxicated as its against my insurance should an accident occur lol x

Latest posts

Back