Dry hair treatment help please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charspence

Reaction score
hi I have just joined salon geek to ask for some advice on my dry hair!

I have had dry hair for aslong as I can remember, I straighten it with GHD's about once every 2 weeks i blow dry it 1-2 times a week using heat protect
I try to wear it natural or up as much as i can to avoid using heat on it but its still dry and frizzy

I have long straight hair which is naturally ginger but I colour it dark brown ever 6 weeks i wash it every 3 days with tressemme and used to use aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner but my hairdresser told me this would be drying it out more? is she right?

Ive tried so many different products from lee stafford to redken i am sick of wasting money on products that give me a quick fix but still ends up dry in the long run

I was even thinking of a Brazilian blow dry but i read somewhere that tis damages the hair too?

Any advice would be appreciated

ps i was wondering if anyone new anything about royale straighteners? I went to america last week and a girl at the mall was trying to sell me some i was abit sceptical are they as good as she was making out? my hair did look really healthy and shiny after shed used them on me?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a pro just going by experience, mine was really over processed and dry.
I started using raw virgin coconut oil on my hair as a leave in treatment 1/2 a week + its amazing, only problem is i cant see myself without it now lol i also take hair skin + nail tablets also to help contribute. Hope this helps x

thankyou. Where do you buy it from parissd?

Your not going to like this, but if you want beautiful hair, you need to go to a professional and pay him or her to make it beautiful. Buy the after suggested and use it as instructed.

My hand to god' it will work!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using SalonGeek mobile app

Your not going to like this, but if you want beautiful hair, you need to go to a professional and pay him or her to make it beautiful. Buy the after suggested and use it as instructed.

My hand to god' it will work!

I have tried many different salons they all seem to give conflicting advice offer diff products which I've spent a fortune on and my hair is still dry cost is not the issue

I have tried many different salons they all seem to give conflicting advice offer diff products which I've spent a fortune on and my hair is still dry cost is not the issue

If you do a search on here, extra virgin coconut oil has a multitude of benefits for hair and skin.

It's all 100% natural and you'll find it in health food shops, supermarkets...it's the stuff they use for cooking.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

You can buy it from tesco I've seen, you can buy it from holland and barratts. No doubtable but it online but buy it from a known place as then you know it's more likely to be raw virgin coconut oil.

As above though, you need to find a reputable hairdresser you trust, I've been too so many before and now these past 4/5 years I've followed my hairdresser when she's even moved salons. (I'm a blondie at heart but my hair isn't, a very dark brown naturally) so I've had so many bad brassy highlights, full heads, cuts etc.

Anyways, I've used coconut oil now for so long + can't recommend it enough. X

hi I have just joined salon geek to ask for some advice on my dry hair!

I have had dry hair for aslong as I can remember, I straighten it with GHD's about once every 2 weeks i blow dry it 1-2 times a week using heat protect
I try to wear it natural or up as much as i can to avoid using heat on it but its still dry and frizzy

I have long straight hair which is naturally ginger but I colour it dark brown ever 6 weeks i wash it every 3 days with tressemme and used to use aussie 3 minute miracle deep conditioner but my hairdresser told me this would be drying it out more? is she right?

Ive tried so many different products from lee stafford to redken i am sick of wasting money on products that give me a quick fix but still ends up dry in the long run

I was even thinking of a Brazilian blow dry but i read somewhere that tis damages the hair too?

Any advice would be appreciated

ps i was wondering if anyone new anything about royale straighteners? I went to america last week and a girl at the mall was trying to sell me some i was abit sceptical are they as good as she was making out? my hair did look really healthy and shiny after shed used them on me?

TIA

You mention you use a GHD staightener. What blow dryer do you use? Mine is great. I used to have a Braun, as old as the hills. I just needed to hold my brush close to my head and my hair would stand right up - static. Around Christmas I was given a beautiful Salon Series Ultralight Pro Ionic Hair Dryer, no frizz, no static and definitely no hair damage. Mind you I use Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil leave in treatment applied to the ends and half up the shaft before I dry it. Methinks the choice of hair dryer might solve half of your problem. I just Googled the hair dryer and read the how to's.

You mention you use a GHD staightener. What blow dryer do you use? Mine is great. I used to have a Braun, as old as the hills. I just needed to hold my brush close to my head and my hair would stand right up - static. Around Christmas I was given a beautiful Salon Series Ultralight Pro Ionic Hair Dryer, no frizz, no static and definitely no hair damage. Mind you I use Pro Naturals Moroccan Argan Oil leave in treatment applied to the ends and half up the shaft before I dry it. Methinks the choice of hair dryer might solve half of your problem. I just Googled the hair dryer and read the how to's.

Another lovely plug Lin lol

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Yeah, sure the boxed hair dye has nothing to do with the dryness. 🙈

Box dyes and Tresemme.

Recipe for dry knackered hair, if ever there was one!

Leave the Aussie conditioner & treseme alone, if price is an issue for you get some coconut oil as suggested above & search out a product called osmo intensive deep repair mask it's fab and very reasonable in price, also get a trim, when the ends are really dry they split and unless you get them trimmed off the split will run up the hair shaft and cause even more damage

Latest posts

Back