Dry nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffedBronze

Reaction score
I have a client who previously had gel polish with another therapist and said it didn't take to her and came off pretty quickly. She has dry nails and was told this is the problem
Would this cause them to peel ? Is there anything we can do ?
Thx

I would recommend cuticle oil? I would advise her to apply daily this will keep the nail strong and healthy, I would also advise the usual wearing gloves when washing up etc, she may also be washing with products that are harsh to her skin and she doesn't realise, it could be a whole host of things!

Cuticle oil and hand cream x

I would recommend cuticle oil? I would advise her to apply daily this will keep the nail strong and healthy, I would also advise the usual wearing gloves when washing up etc, she may also be washing with products that are harsh to her skin and she doesn't realise, it could be a whole host of things!

Cuticle oil and hand cream x
So would that be why they aren't staying on if her nails are dry?

By staying on did you mean chipping? Or peeling? And how long did they stay on? Also which make was used?

It could have been the technician not prepping properly, it could be the clients profession for example my mate is a hairdresser and her gels don't last at all!

Thing is during prep you have to dehydrate the nail for the gel to stick so that doesn't make sense, but once on properly you then use cuticle oil to hydrate the nail again, I have found that if clients have really dry hands the gel tends to chip,

I would question her aftercare and make sure she is following correctly

I find the opposite. If my clients have very dry nails, Shellac and gel polish clings on for dear life and makes removal a pain

By staying on did you mean chipping? Or peeling? And how long did they stay on? Also which make was used?

It could have been the technician not prepping properly, it could be the clients profession for example my mate is a hairdresser and her gels don't last at all!

Thing is during prep you have to dehydrate the nail for the gel to stick so that doesn't make sense, but once on properly you then use cuticle oil to hydrate the nail again, I have found that if clients have really dry hands the gel tends to chip,

I would question her aftercare and make sure she is following correctly

Not sure what brand it was she just said she had someone come to her house. She works in an office so I doubt it would be her profession.
I'll question her abit more and see what she says,thanks Hun x

Latest posts

Back