Dry skin around nose

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamiereid92

Reaction score
hi beauty geeks,

i keep getting really dry congested skin where my nose meets my face.

its slightly red and sometimes flakey.

i am currently using elemis skin buff twice a week and papaya enzyme peel to try and get rid of it.

is there anything else i can do?

hi beauty geeks,

i keep getting really dry congested skin where my nose meets my face.

its slightly red and sometimes flakey.

i am currently using elemis skin buff twice a week and papaya enzyme peel to try and get rid of it.

is there anything else i can do?

I think you maybe over exfoliating your skin around this area, making it worse by affecting your skins natural moisturising factors. Do you know what your skin type is? X

No I'm not sure haha. I think it's combination because we're my facial hair grows the skin Is dry. But in the town zone it can be oily...and dry at the same time if that makes sense?

I suffer with this too ! I do get dry skin and scalp especially this time of year and when humidity is high.
I too would like to know of any creams that might help as I've tried everything and don't like using steroid cream all the time.

No I'm not sure haha. I think it's combination because we're my facial hair grows the skin Is dry. But in the town zone it can be oily...and dry at the same time if that makes sense?

I can only guess without been able to see your skin, but how often do you shave and what are you using to prep & shave with? Is it a shaving gel or cream?
It sounds like you could have an impaired barrier function - I would really recommend either visiting a skin therapist (Dermalogica etc - I'm a Dermalogica skin expert so obviously this is what I'd recommend!) so they can do a face mapping with you, your not forced to purchase anything but at least you'll be able to find out the cause and get it treated/correct homecare. When a barriers impaired I suggest a Dermalogica ultra calming kit (lasts for 30 days RRP £26) to repair then revisit skin therapist for re mapping, ultra calming range is my go to when my skins sensitised. X

I wish you were closer I'd love to help your skin! X

I have this also, and I'm an aesthetician. I've tried everything and nothing really helps. It will be bad for five or six days, better for one or two then bad again. I also get tiny pustules around my mouth. I really think mine is hormone related because it's just done this the last year or so, and I'm getting to be an old dried up cow.

I can only guess without been able to see your skin, but how often do you shave and what are you using to prep & shave with? Is it a shaving gel or cream?
It sounds like you could have an impaired barrier function - I would really recommend either visiting a skin therapist (Dermalogica etc - I'm a Dermalogica skin expert so obviously this is what I'd recommend!) so they can do a face mapping with you, your not forced to purchase anything but at least you'll be able to find out the cause and get it treated/correct homecare. When a barriers impaired I suggest a Dermalogica ultra calming kit (lasts for 30 days RRP £26) to repair then revisit skin therapist for re mapping, ultra calming range is my go to when my skins sensitised. X

Thanks for your help I will try this. Do you think dermalogica is better than elemis? I've just been brainwashed into thinking elemis is the best haha.

Where are you? I want to go to someone that knows what to do haha

I have this also, and I'm an aesthetician. I've tried everything and nothing really helps. It will be bad for five or six days, better for one or two then bad again. I also get tiny pustules around my mouth. I really think mine is hormone related because it's just done this the last year or so, and I'm getting to be an old dried up cow.

I don't think hormones should be effecting mine anymore I'm 23 now haha. Maybe it's too much partying haha

Thanks for your help I will try this. Do you think dermalogica is better than elemis? I've just been brainwashed into thinking elemis is the best haha.

Where are you? I want to go to someone that knows what to do haha

I've worked with elemis, although I liked them I preferred Dermalogica for results and treatments. I'd never say one is better than the other - just what works for you and how good your skin therapist is! It sounds like your products your using just aren't doing anything for you. I'm based in Leeds, Yorkshire so think I'm too far from you - if you go onto Dermalogica stockist finder and click the expert link it will bring up the closet Dermalogica skin expert to you X

I've worked with elemis, although I liked them I preferred Dermalogica for results and treatments. I'd never say one is better than the other - just what works for you and how good your skin therapist is! It sounds like your products your using just aren't doing anything for you. I'm based in Leeds, Yorkshire so think I'm too far from you - if you go onto Dermalogica stockist finder and click the expert link it will bring up the closet Dermalogica skin expert to you X

Hey beautyxperts

Sorry for such a delayed reply, but last month I finally got my face map from dermalogica and omg, the products they recommend have almost totally fixed my skin!!!

I'm using Special Cleansing Gel and Daily microfoliant, then active moist and daily mattifier in the morning. Then in the evening just cleanse and moisturise.

Skin has never felt so smooth and fresh!

Thank you so much for the recommendation!!! You are a star!

Latest posts

Back