Dying my hair back brunette

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chloeluckin

Reaction score
Hi,
I had my hair 'balayage' at a hair salon around 3 months ago, and I'm not too sure what the stylist used - not sure if she just used a lightener or bleached it, or if that's the same thing.
I'm going back to my base colour, which is also the shade i use to dye my roots, but wanted to know if i would need to use a specific colour dye.
The balayage colour isn't platinum blonde - it's more dirty blonde and lightish copper (see in the attached photo). The colour i am dying it all is called 'Medium Cool Brown' with a purple undertone, but wasn't sure if I needed to add a red into it. I am eventually going to be applying a Lush Cherry Hair colour by Loreal Preference to add a hint of red to it - which is the reason I want my colour to all be one base shade again.
If anyone can give me their opinions, that would be great! :)

I have attached 2 photos of my hair now with the ombre, and one of my hair before the ombre (which i am wanted to get to again)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 16.34.59.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 16.34.59.png
    432.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 16.35.13.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-16 at 16.35.13.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 120
  • 11006395_357338261121046_6545321645712654774_n.jpg
    11006395_357338261121046_6545321645712654774_n.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 110
Please please please don't ruin your lovely hair by putting a box dye over that beautiful colour. Go back to your hairdresser and have her do it for you. Seriously!!

Don't chuck a box dye on it, you'll end up regretting it!

Please please please don't ruin your lovely hair by putting a box dye over that beautiful colour. Go back to your hairdresser and have her do it for you. Seriously!!
Don't chuck a box dye on it, you'll end up regretting it!
Thanks guys but l I used a box dye when I went from bleached blonde to brunette and it worked out perfectly. No damage and I am always dying my hair with box dyes. I just wanted to know which would be the best colour to do it with. I can't afford to go to a salon again. It's pretty expensive and I am working full time, which is why I always do it myself :) If anyone could help with colour information, that will be great :)

Thanks guys but l I used a box dye when I went from bleached blonde to brunette and it worked out perfectly. No damage and I am always dying my hair with box dyes. I just wanted to know which would be the best colour to do it with. I can't afford to go to a salon again. It's pretty expensive and I am working full time, which is why I always do it myself :) If anyone could help with colour information, that will be great :)

I'm sorry but we can't offer advice to non professionals. A pretty girl like yourself deserves salon quality colour! :)

I'm sorry but we can't offer advice to non professionals. A pretty girl like yourself deserves salon quality colour! :)
Thank you, you're so sweet :) I don't know why they're called box dyes, because I use all of the colours from sally's :)

Thank you, you're so sweet :) I don't know why they're called box dyes, because I use all of the colours from sally's :)

Oh are they tube colours? Sorry my mistake!

And you're very welcome :)

Oh are they tube colours? Sorry my mistake!

And you're very welcome :)

I use either the tube colours or the bottle colours, depending on the colour I am dying :)

Sallys aren't supposed to sell professional colour to non professionals. But if you're buying it from them, ask their advice...

Sallys aren't supposed to sell professional colour to non professionals. But if you're buying it from them, ask their advice...
Sally's sell to everyone in the UK. There's only specific products which you can't buy. And in my Sally's, they're pretty useless.

Sally's sell to everyone in the UK. There's only specific products which you can't buy. And in my Sally's, they're pretty useless.
You don't have to be a stylist to work in Sally's, which is probably why they have no decent advice to give you.

You don't have to be a stylist to work in Sally's, which is probably why they have no decent advice to give you.
They're not very good. I was colour matched for extensions when I was blonde at Sally's and they said I was a shade 24, which was ok, but the extensions were super yellow! I then went to a salon to get colour matched, and I was a shade 60.
My mum's hair stylist told her which shade of well to use on her hair (so she can fill in the roots herself every now and again - my mum only goes to her for the blonde highlights), and they were trying to get her to buy a completely different colour - didn't look anywhere near the same. They're just useless!

I feel like you cannot possibly be in the UK. Good luck with your hair

Sorry, but you're not going to get advice from trained professionals about which products to use to DIY so I'll close the thread here.

Frankly, I'm disgusted that some branches of Sallys sells potentially dangerous chemicals to the untrained general public unless someone is borrowing someone elses trade card?
(The one I used to use in Bristol certainly wouldn't have and the manager was very strict about checking qualifications.)
I guess if someone sues them, they might change their policy. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back