Dying My Hair! =S Help Me Please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blonde-Beauty

Reaction score
:cry: I am naturally blonde ... well it doesn't grow blonde anymore it gets bleached by the sun but it is blonde all year round.
Anyway ... last night i dyed my hair brown using a non permanent dye and it went RED unexpectedly! So my friend sarah who dyes her hair permanently all the time said she will re-do it for me tomorrow using a semi permanent dye, but i am worried that if i dye it using a semi-permanent dye it wont go back to its original colour!

Any advice ... please! :cry:

Much Love <3 x

Last edited:
Hi hun, I think the only advice you will get on here would be, don't do it with a pal, go to a professional hairdresser. I'm not a hair geek, but you don't want something to go wrong with your lovely hair and regret it for months afterwards as it grows out! Will the red colour wash out? I wouldn't think you would want to put more and more products on it to try and correct it. Maybe you should go and get as hairdresser to have a look at it and get some advice from her.

Hope you take this in the way it was meant :hug:
Marion xx

Yes the red hair dye will wash out in about a week so thats no problem! She used to be a hairdresser so i have no problem with that! =D x

HI dont do it. Most blonde hair is very porus and grabs on to most colours red being the worst! and hardest to get out. You will have a little trouble getting the temp colour out that you got on now so to put a semi on will be even harder to remove. Colouring blonde is like mixing white paint with a darker colour so your going to get a lighter shade. I would try to remove the temp red you got on now and stick to being blonde its much more fun ive been blonde for 32 years and love it! To remove the red first try wash powder if thats not strong enough try Rusk elimin8 or goldwell colour corrector but please dont put bleach on it or you will end up with straw for hair. Good luck and hope this has helped:)xxx

use a nice clarifying shampoo to help fade the colour out, personally ud be making a mountain out of a molehill to put another colour on, its a tempory colour that will fade off soon enough, the semi will just add to ur problem and take longer, let us know what u do! :)

Latest posts

Back