Dymo label printer

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailsgalore13

Reaction score
Hi geeks!
Oh my word I have just found out about the dymo printer!
Why have I never had one in my life?!
I use a sharpie at the minute but my god its doing my head in, my colour pops are ending up with pen marks on them.
Can someone help and advise me on which to get please? !
Someone told me you can also get the refills that are clear so you only see the black writing if you get me. Thanks x

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171963275130

I've got this one and the labels are perfect size to go on pop sticks. Being mobile I had to write the numbers on top of my bottles as well and they were always rubbing off so this has been a lifesaver! Xx

I have both the Dymo and the Brother P-Touch.

The P-Touch is better as you can put different sizes tapes in it 6mm, 9mm, 12mm etc.
The 9mm fits perfectly on a pop/swatch stick perfectly without the need to trim.

Both labellers come with different colour tapes and also clear.

I find the P-Touch much more versatile however the label cartridges are a lot more expensive but you get more metres.
Luckily I found cheap Hong Kong ones on ebay for a 1/4 of the price and they work just as well.

Out of the two I rate the Brother P-Touch as better, esp if you want to use the labels on the flat type pop/swatch sticks.

Hope that helps :)

Oh this is a great thread for me - I love my label makers! (There's a scene on Friends where Monica says "You call eight hours alone with my label maker wasted time?" - I nod along when she says that...).

I have a Dymo 450 label printer which I use for bigger labels and which I have also managed to convert into a wireless receipt printer.

My other label maker is an Epson Labelworks LW-300. It is one of the great loves of my life (don't tell the OH, although I suspect he knows). As well as doing a variety of labels (clear, white, coloured, temporary, permanent...) in lots of different fonts, you can also buy ribbon cartridges and print whatever you want onto ribbons. I bought the 'ribbon starter pack' off Amazon.com as you get the normal label maker, plus ribbon cartridges and it actually worked out as cheaper than buying just the machine over here. It's really easy to buy stuff from American Amazon, they always slightly overcharge you on import duties (and then refund the difference) so you don't get any nasty surprises from customs when your box arrives.

http://www.amazon.com/Epson-LabelWorks-LW-300-Label-Maker/dp/B005J7Y6HW

Just realised that my reply reads like an advert for label makers and Amazon, sorry!

Oh this is a great thread for me - I love my label makers! (There's a scene on Friends where Monica says "You call eight hours alone with my label maker wasted time?" - I nod along when she says that...).

I have a Dymo 450 label printer which I use for bigger labels and which I have also managed to convert into a wireless receipt printer.

My other label maker is an Epson Labelworks LW-300. It is one of the great loves of my life (don't tell the OH, although I suspect he knows). As well as doing a variety of labels (clear, white, coloured, temporary, permanent...) in lots of different fonts, you can also buy ribbon cartridges and print whatever you want onto ribbons. I bought the 'ribbon starter pack' off Amazon.com as you get the normal label maker, plus ribbon cartridges and it actually worked out as cheaper than buying just the machine over here. It's really easy to buy stuff from American Amazon, they always slightly overcharge you on import duties (and then refund the difference) so you don't get any nasty surprises from customs when your box arrives.

http://www.amazon.com/Epson-LabelWorks-LW-300-Label-Maker/dp/B005J7Y6HW

HI what do you use them all for ?
I want a label maker for pop sticks, and it seems the Brother ptouch prints out 9mm, which I haven't been able to find out if the dymo 450 does, I think I've read it only does 12mm - but I also want some pretty pricing labels, so was wondering what you used your label machines for ?
thanks in advance Jo

HI what do you use them all for ?
I want a label maker for pop sticks, and it seems the Brother ptouch prints out 9mm, which I haven't been able to find out if the dymo 450 does, I think I've read it only does 12mm - but I also want some pretty pricing labels, so was wondering what you used your label machines for ?
thanks in advance Jo
Hi Jo,

I'm just going in to the salon, but will try to take a couple of photos of my labels tonight so you can see the difference.

What are pop sticks?

Lisa

Latest posts

Back