E-file carbide bit?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carolwheatley

Cass Wheatley
Reaction score
Hi Girls
I have searched ..... and then searched again....just so you know... but can't find much info on where to buy the bits for the efile.....
I brought a new efile from my local wholesale
t was £100.... so not cheap... but not mad expensive either..... but I love it.... it's quiet and no vibration..... which is comfortable for the client....(me) .... I've been watching Youngs Vids on you tube about using it properly... but think I'm defo gonna do the training somewhere..... just to be on the safe side.....
Anyways.... I need some "bit" help..... do I go for carbide or ceramic.... and where do I get such bits..... i see NSI do them..... is that it...... are they the only ones and are they good.........
I bought a cheap one off ebay... yeah yeah I know.... may as well just chucked my money straight in the bin....
But any help would be greatly appreciated...... I'm not worried how much the bit costs.... I want it to be briliant at removing bulk x

Enailcouture pink bits
Message Gill bagan on facebook she's max Estradas distributor for the uk
You can see his bits on his instagram @kingofnail

Enailcouture pink bits
Message Gill bagan on facebook she's max Estradas distributor for the uk
You can see his bits on his instagram @kingofnail
perfect xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

They don't heat up and burn! Love them so much
And there's the green meanie bit which is fab

Thankyou so much for your help.... I've message Gill ... just waiting now xx...... is Gill the only place in the UK for those bits ?? x

Thanks again x

Ceramic is more gentle but takes more time to remove the same amount.
Carbide works faster but you need to be more careful with it

I'd start with a safety carbide bit in medium or coarse. That way you'll work fast enough and you won't risk doing any damage

http://todacusa.com/onlinestore/catalog/

http://www.wilsonshopping.com/products/?ParentID=1
I agree with this, moving away from my ceramic bits now and using carbide a lot more. Still like ceramic for a few things but I can see myself moving away from it a lot more, I also think they do burn especially if you wrongly think that they 'can't' burn. I burnt myself with one infilling my gels, it was with my non dominant hand so it was in the same spot for longer than it should be but it wasn't on long at all and it hurt like crazy! I partially think this was because I thought they couldn't burn after hearing that a lot although it is a lot harder to burn with than a carbide bit

How do you know which one to use, for filing off bulk?

whats and where is the green meanie..... please x

whats and where is the green meanie..... please x
its from Atwood industries and it is fantastic.
I bought most of my bits from Todac USA but the green meanie blows them out the water. It is my favourite tool. The vast majority of my appointments are L&P designs so need removed at every appointment. This files them off so quickly!
It is sharp and is used at high speed so I'd only go for it if you're confident using an efile.
I also have 2 of the pink ceramic bits recommended by coco and they are great too.

How do you know which one to use, for filing off bulk?
Just what you feel most comfortable using but in a medium or course grit.
I started off using a safety bit and now use the green meanie to remove bulk. It is exceptionally quick. I personally prefer the football/rocket/flame shaped bits to tapered but that's just down to personal preference.

Just what you feel most comfortable using but in a medium or course grit.
I started off using a safety bit and now use the green meanie to remove bulk. It is exceptionally quick. I personally prefer the football/rocket/flame shaped bits to tapered but that's just down to personal preference.
Ah great, thank you! At the moment I've only ever used the barrel shaped sand paper type. Will have to get a couple and see what's what...

Wow, $54 is that right? For one drill piece? Is it really THAT good :o

I'm not usually tight when it comes to having the best tools but that seems a lot?!

Latest posts

Back