Ear piercing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think I actually need a licence from my council as I'm freelance and don't for any other treatment (had a look and think I'm right) so would save a few hundred there.

I think a trip to Manchester is needed to speak to Caflon direct and get all questions answered. If I do manage to go I will tell everyone what they say.

Oh and as for babies... I wouldn't do anyone under 10 and just say my insurance won't cover me for it. Having said that I had mine done as a baby and I'm glad, not everyone would be though.

I don't think I actually need a licence from my council as I'm freelance and don't for any other treatment (had a look and think I'm right) so would save a few hundred there.

I think a trip to Manchester is needed to speak to Caflon direct and get all questions answered. If I do manage to go I will tell everyone what they say.

double check with environmental health. i was told i need an essex acts licence for massage,ear piercing, fish spa? its £176 for first year but then £85 each year after

double check with environmental health. i was told i need an essex acts licence for massage,ear piercing, fish spa? its £176 for first year but then £85 each year after

How very odd. My council website says this:

Please note: if you are a mobile beautician and visit clients in their own homes then you do not require a licence.

I'm going with that :) they are phasing it in though that each therapist will HAVE to pay £366 by march 2012. (and £183 renewal each year) What a way of making money eh?

Hi

You do need a license to pierce ears as a mobile tech, if you were working in a salon the premises has to be licensed as well as each tech that will be piercing ears. I did my course in July with Caflon and had an appointment straight after with an environmental health officer from my local council. They check your kit etc and then send out a licence which for mobile is a one off and does not need renewing every year (this is the case with my council, not sure about others). We were taught that the gun does not need sterilising as the earrings are in a sterile sealed packet and the way you are shown how to remove them from the packet means that you don't touch the earrings.

Hope this helps

Carole

It can take for ever to get the money back, you will need a licence from the council, insurance, training, equipment, and sundries..... and we would always turn away children( its hard making excuses to mothers as you don't believe that babies and tots should have them, but the mum wants them, sorry the gun is damaged, cant do this today!)

Thanks xxx

I don't think it would take forever to make the money back, being that course costs are only in the double digits, and it of course supplies you with the kit - so no extra cost there, most therapists will already have insurance - so no extra costs there, you dont need a licence - so no extra costs there! I think you should do the training Hun and enjoy doing your new treatment. Glad to see you are taking things seriously and looking into the ins and outs in so much depth. You will do great.

Latest posts

Back