Ear piercing!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blissful Serenity

Reaction score
Hi. My daughter (6 yrs old) had her ears pierced back in May. But every time we take them out in the morning on a Monday for school PE, by the time she gets home at 3.15 I struggle to get her studs back in. It's like they are closing up already. So, my daughter has been missing out on PE as I'm not putting her though the discomfort every time we put them back in.
Any help/advise would be great. I have considered putting earrings in with thinner posts to see if this helps. Many thanks in advance.

Is she still wearing the original earrings she had them pierced with? I remember the ones I had them done in where a very thick! The only other thing is to put plasters over them? Will they allow that? Say they are still healing x

Is she still wearing the original earrings she had them pierced with? I remember the ones I had them done in where a very thick! The only other thing is to put plasters over them? Will they allow that? Say they are still healing x
Yes she still has original studs in. They are quite thick & she only has little ear lodes. The school now has a policy where they can not have tape over them? My other daughter (8 yrs) doesn't have a problem?
Many thanks.

Try switching to a normal stud but try and stick to a gold one if you can! They will get there eventually! Does she take awhile to heal if she gets cuts or anything? X

No not normally. She's quite a tuff cookie to. Many thanks Laura.

When I did ear piercing I was trained to advise ear rings to be left in for the first 6weeks to heal, then they can be changed but needed some sort of ear ring left in for atleast 6monthes before leaving out for any time. Think it's to do with everyone's healing varies on how fast you heal. Haven't done ear piercing for years but sure that's what I remember [emoji5]️

Latest posts

Back