early menopause???? advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*JOANNE* said:
hi all have been to see my gp and she was brilliant she has diagnosed proir-menopause and i have been for blood tests...she says it is to make sure nothing synistar is going on...she said the tests wont neccesseraley pick up no oestrogen because i still have some to still have periods as arratic as they maybe.
she has put me on beta blockers for the headaches and palpatations and shackey feelings, she said they wont get rid of the hot flushes i have to go back 2 weeks today my blood tests will be back and if they show up ok from thyroid function tests liver and full blood count she is going to start me on hrt with oestrogen and progesterone(for bones). she says she may consider putting me on anti depressants again to lift my moods.it is such a releif not great with going through pre menopause but better now that i know why i am like this.
i am also going to town tommorrow after taking ambers advice to get some stuff from holand and barratt.
thanks girls

aw your doc sounds like she's on the case babes!

Yep got my black cohosh and agnus castus from boots today they were on 3 for 2 and triple points too !!!!!

Think of your hot flushes as TROPICAL MOMENTS !! thats what someone once told me !!! A nice face spray in your hand bag and one at home in the fridge will sort them nasty things out !!

Ambxxxx

MINKUS said:

Yep got my black cohosh and agnus castus from boots today they were on 3 for 2 and triple points too !!!!!

Think of your hot flushes as TROPICAL MOMENTS !! thats what someone once told me !!! A nice face spray in your hand bag and one at home in the fridge will sort them nasty things out !!

Ambxxxx
lol thanks hun...rob thinks i am strange any way so a head in the fridge would be a pretty normal thing in our house...boots tomorrow it is xxxxx

*JOANNE* said:
lol thanks hun...rob thinks i am strange any way so a head in the fridge would be a pretty normal thing in our house...boots tomorrow it is xxxxx

the face spray ....keep in the fridge to make it icy cold......not your head chick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nutter !

Hey least you still got a good sense of humour!!!!:biggrin:

Amb x

MINKUS said:
the face spray ....keep in the fridge to make it icy cold......not your head chick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nutter !

Hey least you still got a good sense of humour!!!!:biggrin:

Amb x
does this mean i can go and have an affair with a younger man...i could put it down to a midlife....only joking rob...............not lol

Hot flushes, headaches, dizziness, bad mood swings, unable to sleep ................. welcome to my world Jo (who says men dont get menapause) :biggrin: :biggrin:

P.S. hope this made ya chuckle and cheered ya up xxx

*JOANNE* said:
does this mean i can go and have an affair with a younger man...i could put it down to a midlife....only joking rob...............not lol

Dammit im older than you rofl :o :twisted:

tatz said:
Dammit im older than you rofl :o :twisted:
lmfoa......if your rich...it cancells out the whole younger man thing.
male menopause...its been proven lol

Glad you got a doc who is symapthetic to your cause babes there are so many whoa rent. PMsl at the thought of you having a tropical moment with your ehad in the fridge.
x

So glad you are gettign it all sorted Jo, Aint it great getting older :rolleyes:

MINKUS said:

Ambxxxx

Tropical moments for me are a POWER SURGE OF CREATIVITY, for some reason I get them when I begin filing...something to do with handling that abrasive:?: doesn't matter which one either, even if it's just a quick buff. I had a hysterectomy last year and all the other symptoms except those power surges are pretty well under control. My Doc left one ovary because I couldn't do HRT (thrombosis, wouldn't wish that on anyone!!!) but at least I don't have to worry so much about my bones.

i really cannot handle the flushes rob says he knows when they hit me...we were in town today and apparently my eyes go a bit glazed over...so rob says.....but the flushes make me so hot i feel quite faint and sickley....

so glad your doctor is sorting you out Jo... :hug:

re the face spray... in Body Shop they have a facial spray, it contains moisturisers, vitamin E etc and is really cooling... so not only will it cool your face down you'll have lovely soft skin too :D

ValencianNails said:
so glad your doctor is sorting you out Jo... :hug:

re the face spray... in Body Shop they have a facial spray, it contains moisturisers, vitamin E etc and is really cooling... so not only will it cool your face down you'll have lovely soft skin too :D
i think i have one of those somewhere bought it a while back cause it was good for setting makeup...never thought that it could cool me down...cheers hun

Hi ya Jo

I have just had a full hysterectomy via lap due to severe endometriosis and as some of you may know i run my own website which supports people with endometriosis and or those who suffer with early menopause or premature ovarian failure and also those that have had hysterectomy
Barry my hubby says im like evil edna and stomp about the house
Evening primrose helps with the hot flushes and the temper i keep a can of magicool by the side of my bed its £3.49 from asda and its instant like an air conditioner in a can its ace.
if you want to have a little look at the site the addy is
http://www.endoaware.co.uk there are loads of ladies that have the same symptoms as you and some that have the symptoms due to a pseudo meno when the gp puts them through the menopause medically
It was a shock to my system when i woke up from my surgery with all my bits gone at least now i dont have to have a smear. i was only in hospital a day went in on friday morning and come home sat afternoon and had it done via laparoscope
Im always here if you need a chat babe
sending hugs
deb x

thanks debs..going to have a look around your site.my mum was 30 when she had one so i know how tough it can be for you.take it easy hun and thanks for your kind words xx

Latest posts

Back