eBay help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Geek

Grand Master Geek
Premium Geek
Reaction score
Sam

What forum/steps should we take to inform EBay of this type of mis-selling? Is it throughSafe Harbour? How do we inform them?

A tad more info required please?

nails@42ndstreet said:
Sam

What forum/steps should we take to inform EBay of this type of mis-selling? Is it throughSafe Harbour? How do we inform them?

A tad more info required please?
Good Q Cathie...

Goto http://pages.ebay.com/help/contact_inline/index.html

And follow the steps to inform them of hazardous goods being sent.

I have informed ebay of every single person/s selling these products on ebay for the last few months now, I get a generated email back saying they are looking into it, but thats it. Nothings being done as they are obviously still doing it! I have expressed my views in the thread for ebay, hopefully this will work or maybe even get ebay to look into this further. The problem with ebay is everything is done by pc, email etc, we can't speak to anyone over the telephone to express our views and to get our point accross better. Fingers crossed this will work.

i'e really got on my high horse about this (as GMG will know!) I have continually informed ebay of the listings but alas, they have taken no notice to date.

So i tried a different tact...i contacted the sellers and told them about the dangers of sending hazardous materials through the post and the consquences (as well as the mention of selling intentionally to non trained joe public!). One has had the good grace to email me back saying it wasn't something she had ever considered and would change to 'courier' on her next listings but was unable to do so on the items which already had bids placed...if we can't stop them listing at least we can stop them sending it through the post...i feel a minor victory, but a victory nonetheless! Another one said she ordered it from the states at 50% less than here, they sent it in the normal postal system, so if they did, why couldn't she. I doubt she has her info correct - but she's one of the members of the 'square traders (?)' - perhaps i will email them...

off me soap box for the mo...!

Tickled Pink! said:
i'e really got on my high horse about this (as GMG will know!) I have continually informed ebay of the listings but alas, they have taken no notice to date.

So i tried a different tact...i contacted the sellers and told them about the dangers of sending hazardous materials through the post and the consquences (as well as the mention of selling intentionally to non trained joe public!). One has had the good grace to email me back saying it wasn't something she had ever considered and would change to 'courier' on her next listings but was unable to do so on the items which already had bids placed...if we can't stop them listing at least we can stop them sending it through the post...i feel a minor victory, but a victory nonetheless! Another one said she ordered it from the states at 50% less than here, they sent it in the normal postal system, so if they did, why couldn't she. I doubt she has her info correct - but she's one of the members of the 'square traders (?)' - perhaps i will email them...

off me soap box for the mo...!
Hi
There are some responsible sellers like myself on ebay that Do post nail items carefully, If an item is wrapped and secured correctly and item is still damaged when it reaches the customer, claims can be made to Royal Mail as they are responsible for damage, If any one wants to email me for information on this please feel free to do so

i think not only is it about how you seal and package the item, it is the kind of postal system you use.

the following is copied directly from the Royal Mail:

Royal Mail Group plc will not accept a letter that contains any of the following:

Aerosols
Alcoholic liquids with alcohol content higher than 70%
Asbestos
Batteries that are classed as dangerous goods by the latest edition of the International Civil Aviation Organization’s Technical Instructions
Butane lighters and refills
Clinical and medical waste
Flammable, non-flammable, toxic compressed gases
Corrosives
Counterfeit money or counterfeit postage stamps
Drugs of any description, except those permitted under paragraph 15.2 below
Dry ice
Environmental waste
Explosives
Filth
Flammable liquids or solids
Lottery tickets excepts for United Kingdom lottery tickets
Indecent, obscene or offensive material
Infectious substances listed by the World Health Organisation to be in risk group 4 and the group 3 substances listed in schedule 3 part 5 of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 1999 (COSHH)
Magnetised material with a magnetic field strength of 0.159A/m or more at a distance of 2.1m from the outside of the package
Matches
Oxidising materials or organic peroxides
Pesticides
Toxic liquids, solids or gases
Poisons
All radioactive material and samples that are classified as radioactive using Table 2-12 of the latest edition of the International Civil Aviation Organization’s Technical Instructions
Weapons of war, except as permitted by part exclusions below.
Ammunition
Solvent-based paints, varnishes and enamels
Water-based paints, varnishes and enamels with volume over 150ml
Any other item prohibited by law or that in the opinion of Royal Mail may be harmful or dangerous to Royal Mail employees

What happens if you try and send something we can’t carry?

Of course we take all legal and safety issues very seriously and will refuse to carry illegal or harmful items. If they are found in the post, we can return them to the sender or dispose of them. And in some cases, the sender may face prosecution.[/I]

Well said Tickled Pink you got there just before me...

I thought Royal Mail had banned them from being sent. Is this not a good ploy to use against ebay GMG?

On the other note, if people are posting them do they put a HAZMAT sheet in telling poor old postie that:

A the white powder they are covered in is not Anthrax
B how to remove the monomer they are now covered in or what it contains etc

Packaging well is one thing, however if it's banned via Royal Mail the law is being broken and poor postie may spend months worrying about what their covered in if it does leak.

Also with all the recent white powder scares (trust me there still are some even though they are not in the news everyday) the UK could be ground to a halt and resources wasted. (I won't go into how many people & services are sent to each REPORTED not confirmed white powder incident)

Me off my soap box also now!

desirenails said:
Hi
There are some responsible sellers like myself on ebay that Do post nail items carefully, If an item is wrapped and secured correctly and item is still damaged when it reaches the customer, claims can be made to Royal Mail as they are responsible for damage, If any one wants to email me for information on this please feel free to do so
Hiya,

Do you sell liquid and powder to trained professionals only?

desirenails said:
Hi

so are you sending hazardous liquids via the postal system...?
it isn't a case of Royal Mail being responsible for any damage in transit - they shouldn't be sent by this method at all as it is illegal. there website is www.royalmail.com if you need further clarification.
also, ebay rules stipulate you are not allowed to sell/auction hazardous substances...

I appreciate everything all of you have said here about e-bay. The problem i've had every time i've gone to a professional to have my nails done i've had nothing but dissappointments. I've decided not to go that route again and learn how to do it myself. I am not going to say hey i am perfect at it. But i am much better then the people who have done them for me in the past. Don't take me wrong i'd rather pay and get them done for me rather than sit at home for hours doing them myself. At least this way i get the result that i want. Last time a professional of 6 years told me that natural overalys can do damage to your own nails that is considering that i've had natural overlays of all sorts for over 10 years now. I just could not get the point across to explain to her that i am not a one week girl for nails i have them done and they stay one for years. She carried on insisting she is right. Well may be she's had problems all the time i've had overlays they've been great before but not since i've moved down south. it created a big problem for me and when i insisted on having them done i came away with horrible creatures on my nails.
Sorry just speaking my mind but i got so angry about the whole thing paying good money for it and nails snapping and all sorts within 24 hours and even after going back having them redone still snapped off within 24 hours one then gives up. That was me!1!!!!! no more professionals. I like shopping at e-bay i can get good quality products without going onto a course with creative. So may be that is not right but i've been doing my nails for a while and have never had any problems my nails are great and everyone always says that they are excellent even those who are in the industry.
Sorry it is a bit long
:irked:

Thats a fair comment, but it doesn't adress the issue of sending hazzardous good sold on e-bay via standard post................
I is illegal !!!!!
I wonder how the postman would feel if he knew he was delivering hazzardous goods.....
Monomer is flamable and has to be send via a courier or approved shipping method.......
JMHO

:eek:

This is what scares me the most. Yes there are poop loads of yahoos cowboy nail techs out there that just plain suck... But the dangers that consumers are getting themselves into here is what I so object to.

Anyone selling such potentially dangerous items to the general public should be slapped upside the head.

How can they sleep at night? What else are these guys selling on eBay? Plutonium?

Dont take it personally stacia2577, it sounds like you have good reason to loathe salons, but trust me when I say that that is a very small portion AND you are playing with stuff that is potentially dangerous when used incorrectly.

will most definitely agree with that but then there are other sources than just e-bay that will supply the product you want. But totally agree the goods should be secure and send properly. All the time i've received anything was properly recorded and most definitely secure. May be it is just my luck. :green:

once again nail geek i totally agree. It is dangerous to general publuc. I am surprised that most people who don't know anything about it would go out looking for it to be honest. But then one never knows. I research a lot before i committed myself to anything and probably henceforth read a lot and looked through many of videos before even attempting to do it myself. So in that respect if you are new to it and you don't know anything abut it then i would protest it being sold too. It can cause a lot of damage and that is very scary.
Hope you agree!

do you know guys the most amazing thing i found recently is a web site that sells quite a lot of brisa products. It struck me as very strange. but please let me know what you think about it.
*URL removed by me ;) *
have a look at this

Yes, CND's legal department are already working on it (I think OPI and Ez flow are as well). These guys are illegally distributing and shipping goods.

Latest posts

Back