Ebay sellers & buyers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JackieMc

Reaction score
With all the posts about people selling professional nail products to non-professionals on Ebay, I got thinking after seeing another seller advertising CND liquids etc. How can a buyer be assured that the contents really are what they say they are when the container isn't sealed? I would never buy liquid or powder from Ebay for this reason alone. There's no guarantee that the liquid or powder you are getting is the particular brand being advertised - all it takes is someone to top up an empty bottle/pot with brand X and SAY it's CND/Ez Flow etc. Just food for thought..........

That's an excellent point. Never thought of it but, never thought of buying my L&P from ebay, either (it's not a deal, for one). Did buy a UV lamp from a guy on there, though.....

Totally agree, not only are you not certain what you are paying for, it really gets me when non -professionals can get their hands on products they shouldn't. Regardless of supplier, we as pro's have spent money learning correct application techniques and product safety.

That's exactly what I thought as well, probably filled it up with water! Suppose you would have to check out the feedback, but me being synical it could be their mates!

Deb379

Unfortunately we cant stop it from happening, but its good to be aware that things can be abit shifty when it comes to buying products like monomer or powder.

Stick to what and who you know thats what i reckon.

You pay for what you get comes into it here.

Cathy

I bought my nail trainer & l&p kit from ebay. It was in really good condition having been used only a little. However, I would NEVER use the products or even the files that came with it on a client, you dunno what is in that pot or on that file, even if it looks new! I bought it strictly for practise only.

Anyway, when that untrained person buys these products, then totally messes up her nails, she'll be on our doorstep asking us to make good the damage done!!!

i bought my l&p v.v. cheap from e bay, i have used it, it seems 2 b fine, but i could pick of the l&p, is it just me??!! i dont wanna use it now
icon_redface.gif

i have bought and sold many things on ebay, i have never sold liquid or powder as i dont see the point, its not worth it think you can get fined for sending chemicals through the post....however i did sell my nail trainer on there i had it for 6 months and didnt use it much after my course i got £90 back for it which was good a woman bought is for her course as she didnt get one in her kit where she was training.....she was happy and i went straight back to creative and bought myself a good stock of nail tips and polish! not a bad swap!
i have had a few bad things from there things that havent been in good condition and has been used when they say that they are new!
Ebay is not all bad news there are some good deals on there just beware of the sellers....
Dont know how we can stop these people selling professional products hopefully if enough people keep reporting them they may take some notice!
Kat xxx

sadly too many scankers in this life this is the only place I buy or sell on the web other than actual online stores....then I dont get caught out or robbed by some unscrupulours trader.....

I think certain sites are just a easy way for off the back of a truck types to sell their goods un-noticed.... :eek:

this is a copy of my reply to the thread Moxie on Ebay but i feel relevant here too...god, i'm really on my soap box today!

I wrote:

another thought for GMG - if you check out the Retention on ebay for sale, some of the piccies look like they may have come directly from the CND brochure - so not only are they selling and posting hazardous chemicals, surely using pictures like this MUST be a breach of copyright...?

Jackie in Ireland has raised a point about ebay monomer purchases - can we all be confident we are actually receiving uncontaminated liquid (even if sealed). It may well be inferior product or even 'watered' down...i wouldn't be confident.

I rekon, at the time of training and qualification with our relevant companies, we should all sign some form of declaration to the effect that we will NOT sell these hazardous liquids and powders on auction sites and to UNTRAINED people, either in a bid to make money or even to offload unwanted product. Those that are caught (admittedly will be few and far between but a deterrant nonetheless) will have their accounts frozen/terminated etc... Very hard to police but got to be worth a shot.

off my soap box now! :eek:

Latest posts

Back